IGNORED

homebrewing.

Guest terrafi

Guest terrafi

I thought it was mold when I did the video. That was a couple of days ago, and it is all cleared up now. It was just fermenting.

I'm moving it to the secondary this weekend, so I'll probably have some pics then.

Guest terrafi

I used these plans.

I did the little tupperware fan too, but I don't think that was even necessary. It is a little loud, so I'll either have to cut down the power supply to 5 volts, or just get rid of it.

Guest terrafi

It wasn't too bad of a build. I wanted to have the two taps, so I had to do the work. Most of the kegerators I've seen for sale are only single tap. In case one sucks, I can have another one on deck. If they both suck, then I chose poorly.

Guest terrafi

I helped someone bottle a batch once. That was a lot of work, and a bit messy. It would be nice to have some that you can take with you somewhere though.

Guest terrafi

I forgot to record the actual kegging. Slug!

It's in the fridge and almost ready to be poured into a glass. About two more days, can't wait.

Guest all_purpose_sandpaper

I forgot to record the actual kegging. Slug!

It's in the fridge and almost ready to be poured into a glass. About two more days, can't wait.

noice! i'd like to get my gullet around that. more reports plx. looks too good.

Guest ezkerraldean

i'm doing it at the moment too. got 14 litres of various shit on the go in my cupboard. my room stinks of yeast

my dad and I brewed an imperial russian stout about a year ago. We are about to try out first IPA when we both have a free weekend... I cant wait. First batch we did for my 21st was a red which was pretty damn good, but the IRS was amazing! Sad shame with the hop shortage... I remember when my dad was brewin beer for $30 a pop now it's almost $80.

• 1 month later...
Guest terrafi

Did my first all grain batch this last Sunday. It's a Gumball Head clone.

I hopped the shit out of this batch.

amarillo_hops.jpg

This is all of the grain after I ran it through my grain mill.

grain_bag.jpg

Sack of grain in action.

grain.jpg

Heat it up and get the sugars out of it.

mash_tun.jpg

Boil it up, and let the magic happen. Smells like a huge batch of hot cereal.

wort_boil.jpg

The not so interesting part. Cool it down to 70 degrees and add the yeast.

cool_down.jpg

I hope it turns out okay. If you are in the Chicago area, send me a pm. Let's drink some beers! Cheers fellas!

My dad and I just brewed up a Pliny clone... we have never used so many hops before. We put 13oz into a 90 minute boil then just recently another 3oz for a dry hop. It's sitting in bottles right now and I'm scared to death to try it... costs us $150 for a 5 gallon batch... and with all the hop sediment it only came out to about 4 gallons :(

that looks like a good hobby. I grew Shrooms once but its not really as good of a payoff because nobody eats enough shrooms for that to be worthwhile and dealing is pretty heat but you can never drink enough beer.

Definitely taking a stab at homebrewing at some point when I move the fuck out of my parents house

My dad and I just brewed up a Pliny clone... we have never used so many hops before. We put 13oz into a 90 minute boil then just recently another 3oz for a dry hop. It's sitting in bottles right now and I'm scared to death to try it... costs us $150 for a 5 gallon batch... and with all the hop sediment it only came out to about 4 gallons :(

that sounds fucking delicious!

hopefully... it's IBU is hovering at around 230... though anything over 100 is all the same. The ABV though should be at around 11-12% :beer:

Archived