IGNORED

I've never seen Autechre live

Guest ComicMaster

Guest ComicMaster
holy crap this 2008-04-12 show is fucking awesome

take it from someone who was there, it was fucking awesome.

/end gloat

What type of people show up at an AE concert? What its like? Just a dark room with AE on laptops or pogo sticks or what?

The room was dark, but not totally dark, because they kept lights on in the back for the bar. The floor was packed with evenly spaced boys, most of which were standing perfectly still, looking up to the ceiling as if being enlightened by the music. There were only a couple girls. It looked like one dude brought his girlfriend to go buy him drinks, so he didn't have miss a second of the show.

As far as I could tell, there were no laptops involved in the show.

Oh, and the music was insanely loud.

And damn, that sounds pretty awesome in a very nerdy way. I'm jealous.

They incorporate Hafler Trio into their DJ sets? What?

Well they have in the 8 and 12 hour sets anyway. Which for some reason took me 4 years and 1 year (respectively) to get round to listening too - albeit not in one go ! I really loved them both, incredible diversity of music in them from ol' skool hip hop, to depeche mode, to delia derbyshire experiments, to art of noise, to glitch, to hafler trio ambience.

My definite highlight of the 8 hour set is this - anyone know who it's by? :

Archived