IGNORED

I've never seen Autechre live

Guest ComicMaster

Guest ComicMaster

I just remember it having a lot of Hip Hop and just not really seeming like anything mindblowingly complex or insanely fun to dance to or anything like that. I love Hip Hop, but if I want to listen to it I'll put on GZA or Andre 3000. I'm just wondering what their live stuff is like -- is it anything like their radio show?

To be honest, ever since I heard that show I kinda stopped caring about seeing them live -- but I realized this is rather silly because I literally have no idea what their live shows sound like. Can someone who's been to several or even one just describe why you love their shows so much? Or what is unique to them that you can't get on Autechre LPs?

I just remember it having a lot of Hip Hop and just not really seeming like anything mindblowingly complex or insanely fun to dance to or anything like that. I love Hip Hop, but if I want to listen to it I'll put on GZA or Andre 3000. I'm just wondering what their live stuff is like -- is it anything like their radio show?

no it is entirely different, and if i like you had only heard their DJ sets i honestly would not be very hyped up about seeing them live because frankly just like RDJ they are just mostly nostalgia heavy DJ sets for people who dropped lots of E and acid at raves in 1992 and grew up as semi chav snowboard memorabilia wearing b-boys in England.

To be honest, ever since I heard that show I kinda stopped caring about seeing them live -- but I realized this is rather silly because I literally have no idea what their live shows sound like. Can someone who's been to several or even one just describe why you love their shows so much? Or what is unique to them that you can't get on Autechre LPs?

wow...

no it is entirely different, and if i like you had only heard their DJ sets i honestly would not be very hyped up about seeing them live because frankly just like RDJ they are just mostly nostalgia heavy DJ sets for people who dropped lots of E and acid at raves in 1992 and grew up as semi chav snowboard memorabilia wearing b-boys in England.

beside the obnoxious b-boy stance and rusty shantee, they show an intriguing insight to more morbid, experimental stuff like john watermann, section 25, secular musics of..., hafler trio, human league, art of noise, cabaret voltaire, etc etc. i like that shit.

beside the obnoxious b-boy stance and rusty shantee, they show an intriguing insight to more morbid, experimental stuff like john watermann, section 25, secular musics of..., hafler trio, human league, art of noise, cabaret voltaire, etc etc. i like that shit.

i forgot about all that other stuff mostly because it is the extreme minority of their dj sets.

holy crap this 2008-04-12 show is fucking awesome

You should make a thread requesting a soundboard recording.

Guest theSun

take it from someone who was there, it was fucking awesome.

/end gloat

Guest ComicMaster

/end gloat

What type of people show up at an AE concert? What its like? Just a dark room with AE on laptops or pogo sticks or what?

Guest Super lurker ultra V12
What type of people show up at an AE concert? What its like? Just a dark room with AE on laptops or pogo sticks or what?

They haven't been using laptops since the first Untilted tour.

Guest theSun

i didn't really pay attention to the crowd. most of the girls were ugly ass goth scuz. their laptops were underneath the stage, they mostly just poked around on monomachine/machinedrum. i couldn't see any equipment though really, i'm just assuming that's what was used. A+ should would see again.

I saw them once, it was cool as I got to stand right off the stage and watch the knob twiddling up close. Had a chat with Rob too. The set was pretty dope shit I'd never heard before, but i'm not the most versed AE listener.

/end gloat

The room was dark, but not totally dark, because they kept lights on in the back for the bar. The floor was packed with evenly spaced boys, most of which were standing perfectly still, looking up to the ceiling as if being enlightened by the music. There were only a couple girls. It looked like one dude brought his girlfriend to go buy him drinks, so he didn't have miss a second of the show.

As far as I could tell, there were no laptops involved in the show.

Oh, and the music was insanely loud.

glasgow and hemsby are the best sets.

check out flex, its nice but there are only really 3 different parts and they are way too long.

Stormy waters is pretty cool too. Los angeles 2008 is the best 2008 set, but otherwise glasgow and hemsby because they are soundboard.

I used to not bother with the live sets or the remixes because they seemed too numerous and it was more convenient to just disregard them.

Later I realized that was complete heresy.

If you like those sets, get Soulseek and look for the collection titled: Autechre Remix collection #1-4.

That is a pretty comprehensive collection of their remixes if you can't be bothered to search them out one by one. I highly recommend all of these tracks if you are looking for some really awesome fresh stuff by autechre. Well its not fresh, just fresh if you never bothered to look for it before.

Guest ComicMaster
I love Hip Hop, but if I want to listen to it I'll put on GZA or Andre 3000.

sorry but lol

Oh please do entertain me: What alternate universe do you live in where Andre 3000 is anything but one of the top 10 if not 5 rappers/general awesome hip hop music-makers of all time? Lemme think...OutKast has put out...I believe its...okay at the minimum three of the greatest Rap albums ever (4 if you include southernplayalistic) and there are very few acts in music period that are quite as consistent as OutKast is.

Autechre is one of them, of course. But seriously why the "lol"

Archived