IGNORED

the NEW post your desktop thread

Guest thanksomuch

• Replies 650
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest disparaissant

9lIht.jpg

i don't actually use my desktop, always have a browser open and just use the start menu

almost all of those shortcuts are from installs where i forgot to deselect the option to put a shortcut on the desktop haaa

Guest disparaissant

thanks, i'll give it a go for sure! tversity is really awful, insane with the memory hogging and shit UI and whatnot. it's loads better than WMP, but that says nothing.

edit: haha, pms-setup

thanks, i'll give it a go for sure! tversity is really awful, insane with the memory hogging and shit UI and whatnot. it's loads better than WMP, but that says nothing.

PMS works insanely well, transcodes almost any format.

Yes it's Awesome WM.

It's the latest conky (1.8.1 compiled with lua support) but it's still shit:

- Layouting is horrible. Images need to be positioned absolute, one flawed script can offset your entire layout because there is no absolute goto for y, only for x)

- I had to use some crazy lua script just to get nice rounded borders (that don't scale on layout or move when their "content" is moved, they are actually drawn over it with an "add" blendmode)

- I have to run 2 conky instances for left and right screens

I wish there was a better alternative with a sort of widget approach. Because it's a bitch to set up nicely.

Guest disparaissant

PMS works insanely well, transcodes almost any format.

i'm not so worried about transcoding, i tend to convert everything with mkv2vob. my computer CAN transcode 720p stuff but it's REALLY old and i literally can't do anything else while it does transcode stuff. i've got a 1.5tb external so having 2 copies of everything is no biggie.

but it's a lot lighter weight than tversity and doesn't try to do a shitload of stuff it can't actually do and the interface is a lot more basic and i dig that.

Guest futuregirlfriend

Yep. Grab things from binsearch, nzb.su or nzbmatrix and use sabnzbd through your browser. It does all the par and unpacking for you. nzb.su works well with this sab addon http://forums.sabnzbd.org/index.php?topic=4636.0

go config > folders. I use the classic theme, you may be using plush and the things are laid out a little differently I think.

one thing that addon doesn't do though, is check to see if downloads are password protected aka the please visit megaultramalwaredownloads 4 a pass downloads. I've only had a few of those on small downloads though. ps. downloads.

• 6 months later...

Archived