IGNORED

the NEW post your desktop thread

Guest thanksomuch

• Replies 650
  • Created
  • Last Reply
is that windows? ^^^

yeah!

edit: do you know any other platforms that steam runs on? ;)

that was my clue, ive just never seen a task panel in windows like that, thought you might be using AWN in linux and using WINE for steam.

i actually recommend that everybody tries hacking the shit out of their desktop. you will learn very quickly what applications or features of the OS you use most frequently, and which ones you don't use at all. just through being forced to re-evaluate what needs to be readily available, i've saved about 9GB so far, no joke. and i'm not done yet.

pgtheme1.png

pgtheme2.png

pgtheme3.png

• 2 weeks later...

i am completely in love with this windows 7 RC wallpaper. this COMES WITH THE OPERATING SYSTEM :ok:

dekstop7.png

some other lovely desktops from the RC:

3471400179_1341d1b1d1_o.jpg

image_35.png

... aaaand now i've ditched the explorer shell altogether - modifying the registry to load a different shell at boot

this is litestep as a shell, with rocketdock providing the dock, keeping the stacks plugin, but ditching the kkmenu plugin for the dock, and the avedesk widgets, because litestep handles all that very adequately:

litesteprocketdock1.png

litesteprocketdock2.png

litesteprocketdock3.png

litesteprocketdock4.png

i removed the 'system tray' and 'start menu' bullshit from the dock as well after the screenshots, and the RSS feed too. it's annoying - nearly all of microsoft's COM plugin shit is now gone, but when i get to i.e. the configure display settings, i'm back to explorer. maybe i'm asking too much of windows, i'm essentially asking it to be my own obscene hybrid of leopard and KDE lol

Archived