IGNORED

funny thing about drone music

Salvatorin

So the other night I was at a friend's house at like 3 AM playing morrowind on his xbox while listening to dronezone@somafm (really good internet radio). At some point my friend came into the room after being away and I asked him, "hey can you check who this is, its kind of cool." He then told me nothing was playing, I had actually just been listening to his computer's ventilation fan for 10 minutes.

lol

And you've never done drugs, have you?

uh that is a silly question considering my name is Salvatorin

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

recently i enjoy listening to airplanes. it's like... free broadcast!

also i've been thinking - why do we have to say "music"? i mean... i don't feel bad if i say i like the sound of a broken fan, or a toilet tank refilling, or a refrigerator compressor...

i mean... i'm a sucker for sound and i'm sure i'm not alone here on watmm. i like to listen to all random kind of stuff. but music is another thing, don't we all agree?

recently i enjoy listening to airplanes. it's like... free broadcast!

also i've been thinking - why do we have to say "music"? i mean... i don't feel bad if i say i like the sound of a broken fan, or a toilet tank refilling, or a refrigerator compressor...

i mean... i'm a sucker for sound and i'm sure i'm not alone here on watmm. i like to listen to all random kind of stuff. but music is another thing, don't we all agree?

I don't agree, not really. :embrassed:

Guest fiznuthian

i love picking apart bird's rhythmic cadences

i used to fill a hot tub of water, lay in it,

and close my eyes listening to the bathroom fan hum

i listened to two hours of commercial oven

timers buzzing at work to mask the

terrible commercial radio they play there

and actually enjoyed the drone of their

loud obnoxious buzz

i love to stick earbud headphones in my ears to

seal off outside sound and amplify the sound of my body

just to hear the muffled rumble of moving myself around

i could dunk my head underwater and listen

to people talking to me from above for fucking hours

music to my ears man, i could totally rock out to that xbox fan

one day at work, i was listening to ourson's power hum track (which is about 23 minutes long... i then took off the headphones and the server was in the background. sounded almost identical to ourson's track!

Anyone into Pauline Oliveros? What's worth checking out?

She taught at my university and I chose her as my mentor, very cool and wise lady! That said, I don't know specifically where to start, but yes you should check her out.

Guest ms-dos
Anyone into Pauline Oliveros? What's worth checking out?

She taught at my university and I chose her as my mentor, very cool and wise lady! That said, I don't know specifically where to start, but yes you should check her out.

Cool. You studied at Mills? I have a couple friends who graduated from there. I'm going to start with her Deep Listening album. Thoughts to come later.

i love picking apart bird's rhythmic cadences

i used to fill a hot tub of water, lay in it,

and close my eyes listening to the bathroom fan hum

i listened to two hours of commercial oven

timers buzzing at work to mask the

terrible commercial radio they play there

and actually enjoyed the drone of their

loud obnoxious buzz

i love to stick earbud headphones in my ears to

seal off outside sound and amplify the sound of my body

just to hear the muffled rumble of moving myself around

i could dunk my head underwater and listen

to people talking to me from above for fucking hours

music to my ears man, i could totally rock out to that xbox fan

:beer:

Guest hahathhat

yesterday, i spent seven hours coding and then another six or so on music. i was totally gutted, eyestrain ears playing tricks on me. i went to bed, and when i lay on my right side (blocking right ear) i would start to hear what sounded like a baby screaming continuously -- no breaks for breathing. at first i thought it was real, my neighbors have kids, but whenever i'd lift my head up the sound would go away. so i listened to it more, and i noticed it was continuous... best i could figure out is it was some sort of weird filtering that caused fan/computer noise off in the distance to take on a unique edge... that or i was tired/stoned to the point of hallucination.

Guest hahathhat

a couple days ago i kept hearing a clicky noise, the kind when something rattles from vibrations of you walking. it was intermittant and bothered me, but i couldn't figure out what it was!! i spent some time walking around the room and stomping, jumping, pounding various parts of the walls.

if you saw me and didn't know what i was doing, you'd probably have thought i was insane.

a couple days ago i kept hearing a clicky noise, the kind when something rattles from vibrations of you walking. it was intermittant and bothered me, but i couldn't figure out what it was!! i spent some time walking around the room and stomping, jumping, pounding various parts of the walls.

if you saw me and didn't know what i was doing, you'd probably have thought i was insane.

WOAH the other day the same thing was happening as I walked. Everytime I stepped up I heard a click, after awhile I figured it was my skull.

Guest hahathhat

WOAH the other day the same thing was happening as I walked. Everytime I stepped up I heard a click, after awhile I figured it was my skull.

see, this was worse, because i couldn't ever seem to cause it directly. i'd clomp around, try and find it... then five minutes later, i'd hear it again. augh!!!

never did find it. haven't been hearing it any more, however.

Not ten minutes ago, I started hearing talking, very quiet, and thought it might be my phone (which is closed) or the headphones connected to the computer (I am only running Opera, with one tab open for watmming).  I thought I was going crazy until I realized my parent's alarm had gone off, and it was the goddam radio.

Guest hahathhat
Not ten minutes ago, I started hearing talking, very quiet, and thought it might be my phone (which is closed) or the headphones connected to the computer (I am only running Opera, with one tab open for watmming).  I thought I was going crazy until I realized my parent's alarm had gone off, and it was the goddam radio.

my alarm sounds identical to the beep beep beep a truck does as it backs up to warn people. i'll be walking on the street somewhere, a truck will start backing up, and my heart rate spikes 50%... all those years of hearing that noise and being jerked away from beautiful sleep, now it startles me every time i hear it.

Guest Panoptimist

I am honored to have had the opportunity to read this thread.

Thank you.

Guest Panoptimist

And besides, fuck you guys.

I listen to drone every day all day: it's called tinnitus. I've been thinking about how to isolate this frequency I'm "hearing" and produce a full length track of that pitch so I can blast it whenever my tinnitus really starts bothering me.

Archived