IGNORED

Last Post

kakapo

There is air, to breathe.

There are people, to talk to.

You can drink a root beer.

You can eat a turky sandwich.

There are pretty ladies every where.

There is a sun beam, coming through the window.

a tear to my goddamn eye, that's what it brought

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

:cry:

Guest Rambo

Good old algo, probably the greatest watmmer of his generation. Last seen in '07

I can't think of one watmmer who made the impact Algo did in such a short time. He only made 1 post but it's quality not quantity. He still pops up in dreams now and again...

sounds ok, nice edits, but i think the sub needs to be at least an octave lower and piano sounds a bit stale, maybe some dirty reverb would help or possibly combine with some good ol hardcore stabs?

SWEET. Thanks for the update.

Sorry if this is question is too forward: does Mu not want to put your stuff out anymore? I know Sublight bit it, but I thought Mmale Ffemale was one of the better albums Mu has put out.

i started releasing with sublight because aaron and i became good friends and we talked alot. it made it easy cause he always knew what i was up to and called dibs. mike and i are friends too but he lives far away so we dont chat that much. last i spoke to him he was into what im working on currently so well see. thats a reason why a started my own "label". i can release stuff whenever i want. often times you have to wait forever for an album to be released and you wind up with a backlog of material etc.

if you want to chk out samples they are up on bleep as well as my myspace:

www.myspace.com/datachi

i think we're in line for a global recession - high house prices, interest rates out of control and crazy oil prices oh and

we'll never know what else :sad:

lol

Sure it's an information overload at the website, i think now there is 15GIG of audio there for download, even half of the people i work with don't know about most of the stuff on there so i can empathise.

The decision to press that twin peaks record of course, like all releases, was a selfish one. I am sure your own rework of the audio is equally as good, maybe better. I mean the only difference is i pressed mine. People maybe expect more these days from audio as the tools out there allow endless possibilities, so this is a very simple edit on this record, but mainly it's about setting a mood and pulling in audio from different sections which work together, dialogue too. If you notice and look around online there is no promotion of this release anywhere by myself (other than the website), others maybe post about it but not so many people. Also if someone gets annoyed and thinks they can do better then why not do it, i mean it's possible of course to edit anything and put it out there which has been a fundamental part of V/Vm Test since day one.

I know for sure these days i backed off from promoting releases and as a result made the label more niche, but that said don't forget all the output for now is still available to download and download people do. I think over 80,000 people now downloaded that Caretaker 6CD album and i get 1000+ people per day on average at the site. so the niche i have created does very well on only word of mouth as i never advertised. I am hopeful the Stranger disc will do o.k. on word of mouth alone and have been suprised so far at the interest for this.

Don't worry about buying things, i mean the audio you downloaded is there for you to download at no charge because i like the idea of giving away audio and did since 1997 and most importantly it doesn't exclude people who can't afford to buy the releases. I also don't see the point in charging only for a digital download so have turned down offers i have had.

As it is this year will see an end to most output as it has been and next year will see the arrival of a new approach by the label, of that i am sure. The boxset i am working on will draw a line under a lot of things and open up some new pathways.

v/vm

wallie whale made some sick tunes. they came up on random the other day and reminded me to put on my cologne for the pretty ladies before i left for work.

Archived