IGNORED

Worst accents

Guest ward

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply
the western new york (the state) accent can be rough at times, but it's usually when people add elements of that awful boston accent. car = cah and it's the nasaliest shit you've ever heard.

i had a c++ professor who said logic like lAHHHjik and i couldn't help but laugh every time.

this is truth. while he isn't originally from the area, Billy Fucillo has done a great job of hijacking and exemplifying the typical Western New York accent.

just wait for it..

and

It's YuuuuggaH! really Yoooogge!

I love those commercials, they get a lot of airplay in Western MA.

I'm surprised to see this kind of consensus.

Australian and New Zealander

Minnesota/Wisconsin/Michigan

Boston

New York

what about best accents? I vote for genteel Southeastern US, and posh British. Also Irish people can sound nice.

Michigan? They don't really have an accent. It's just the typical tv, Midwestern accent...

Remembuh you ah naught a cawp.

Mahten Sheein

Guest Iain C

I'm sure this isn't the first time this thread has come up. Anyway, I've got nothing against any British regional accents... unlike most in the south I've got nothing against Brummie accents, Scouse accents or any of the other commonly maligned ones. If anything I love hearing a mix of different accent s, British and foreign. It's nice to have variety and it's a really stupid thing to get annoyed by.

And Scottish women have the sexiest voices in the world.

Southern U.S. accents are the worst by far.

No matter how smart the person is, if they have a slackjawed yokel accent it makes them sound like a total moron.

What do some of you brits think of Canadian accents? I've never heard anyone make fun of Canadian accents before (excluding quebecois french). Also, since I grew up here it seems like we are the only country in the world without an accent. I know thats how everyone percieves their native accents, but coupled with the fact that its generally not made fun of on the internet or any other popular media it makes it very difficult for me to imagine Canadian english as anything other than pure, undiluted english (I know this sounds very pretentious, I don't mean it that way)

Someone diss the shit out of my accent for me, I really want to understand.

The whole idea of accents/languages always blows my mind.

Southern U.S. accents are the worst by far.

No matter how smart the person is, if they have a slackjawed yokel accent it makes them sound like a total moron.

What do some of you brits think of Canadian accents? I've never heard anyone make fun of Canadian accents before (excluding quebecois french). Also, since I grew up here it seems like we are the only country in the world without an accent. I know thats how everyone percieves their native accents, but coupled with the fact that its generally not made fun of on the internet or any other popular media it makes it very difficult for me to imagine Canadian english as anything other than pure, undiluted english (I know this sounds very pretentious, I don't mean it that way)

Someone diss the shit out of my accent for me, I really want to understand.

The whole idea of accents/languages always blows my mind.

What the fuck are you talking aboot?

the western new york (the state) accent can be rough at times, but it's usually when people add elements of that awful boston accent. car = cah and it's the nasaliest shit you've ever heard.

i had a c++ professor who said logic like lAHHHjik and i couldn't help but laugh every time.

this is truth. while he isn't originally from the area, Billy Fucillo has done a great job of hijacking and exemplifying the typical Western New York accent.

just wait for it..

and

It's YuuuuggaH! really Yoooogge!

Fucking christ I remember these commercials from when I used to live in upstate NY. I always wanted to murder this guy when they came on.

Guest idrn

what do you guys think of the transatlantic accent (a la frasier)? does it sound really uppity and british to you?

Definitely agree with Vietnamese, also the accent from Louisiana irks me.

Recently I've found one of the Kenyan accents very nice, probably has something to do with having a crush on a Kenyan chick I work with. :embrassed:

terrence and phillip are making fun of the newfie accent though, and most canadians don't have a newfie accent

no theyre not

there are newfie characters who make fun of newfies, terrence amd phillip just mock canadians. i don't think it's so much the way they speak.

I don't get it though. I realize all of the quirks of other accents and languages but I dont realize the quirks of canadian english. What features does a canadian accent have that you other accented individuals notice?

Guest Iain C
thehauntingsoul, if it's not all tooty abooty it sounds american to me

I like to think I can generally tell a Canadian accent from a US one... it's all in the vowels.

Archived