IGNORED

Lloyd Grossman sauces in a jar

kakapo

Larkin or Taleggio  

20 members have voted

1. 1. Larkin or Taleggio?

• Larkin
    • Taleggio

I've had the idea that perhaps I could improve the Watmm experience by 'ignoring' a significant proportion of the most annoying users. There's no particular reason why people who like IDM should be more intelligent than average, and therefore it's probably safe to say that there are a significant number of stupid people on this site, which can't be dismissd as simply a product of online personas. In, fact taking into consideration the bell curve distribution of IQ for example, with a bias towards higher rather than low intelligence, and the nature of mean averages, the majority of people on here are more than likely to have below average intelligence.

However, how to measure this intelligence? Well, as you all know I like to make lists, and myself and a couple of the other senior members of watmm have been analyising and using data I've collected since 2005 in order to come up with some kind of intelligence algorithm for watmm.

After a couple of weeks work we've done it.

The amount of data we had to go through was huge, but we used a number of key criteria to come up with a scoring system for each member. Examples include post count to content ratio, post count to funny quotes ratio, bonus points for successfully trolling the subforums, anti-trolling bonus points for maintaining intelligent discourse in the face of provocation, mspaint and photoshop skills... Members could also lose points. Examples would include posting positive comments about the Flashbulb, Tycho or Ventian Snares, being female, breaking rolling lols... In total we used over 280 seperate criteria.

This then caused a problem, as the list of people with the lowest points was dominated by certain nationalities. To combat this we used a 'nationality' modifier to take into account various national idiosyncracies or handicaps, such as a language gap for those whose first language is not English. Other examples would include alcoholism(Irish and Canadians), the mongrel nature of the gene pool (Americans), being French (the French).

Well here it is, the 100 stupidest people on Watmm.

Of course I haven't just done that, that would be absurd.

post-160-1243890351_thumb.jpg

Can somebody update my Essines in a box of Nazis by giving him a beard? Thanks.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I've had the idea that perhaps I could improve the Watmm experience by 'ignoring' a significant proportion of the most annoying users. There's no particular reason why people who like IDM should be more intelligent than average, and therefore it's probably safe to say that there are a significant number of stupid people on this site, which can't be dismissd as simply a product of online personas. In, fact taking into consideration the bell curve distribution of IQ for example, with a bias towards higher rather than low intelligence, and the nature of mean averages, the majority of people on here are more than likely to have below average intelligence.

However, how to measure this intelligence? Well, as you all know I like to make lists, and myself and a couple of the other senior members of watmm have been analyising and using data I've collected since 2005 in order to come up with some kind of intelligence algorithm for watmm.

The amount of data we had to go through was huge, but we used a number of key criteria to come up with a scoring system for each member. Examples include post count to content ratio, post count to funny quotes ratio, bonus points for successfully trolling the subforums, anti-trolling bonus points for maintaining intelligent discourse in the face of provocation, mspaint and photoshop skills... Members could also lose points. Examples would include posting positive comments about the Flashbulb, Tycho or Ventian Snares, being female, breaking rolling lols... In total we used over 280 seperate criteria.

This then caused a problem, as the list of people with the lowest points was dominated by certain nationalities. To combat this we used a 'nationality' modifier to take into account various national idiosyncracies or handicaps, such as a language gap for those whose first language is not English. Other examples would include alcoholism(Irish and Canadians), the mongrel nature of the gene pool (Americans), being French (the French).

nazi_box.jpg

You realize by making this thread, that you have inadvertantly included yourself in the 100?

Guest Rambo

okay i have compiled my own list of the top stupidest wattmers (that are stupid)

1. xxx

2. etch

3. essines

4. yek

5. kaini

6. messiaen

7. Fred McGriff

8. braintree

9. keltoi

10. producer snafu

11. joyrex

12. kakapo

13. Ad

14. Franklin

15. lol alzado

16. chaosmachine

17. placidburp

18. abusive george

19. yegg

20. LUDD

21. mosca

22. tauboo

23. Gary C

24. nacmat

25. Zaphod

26. THIS IS MICHAEL JACKSON

27. Glass plate

28. Chris moss acid

29. IRARI

30. echo

31. KAEN

32. Assymetrical head

33. ATOP

34. IAIN C

35. Pennywise

36. Jimbob

37. Chengod

38. Thanksomuch

Guest JW Modestburns

post-160-1243890351_thumb.jpg

I don't know about a beard, but I could certainly do some sideburns.

Guest Rambo

I've updated my list

1. xxx

2. etch

3. essines

4. yek

5. kaini

6. messiaen

7. Fred McGriff

8. IRARI

9. keltoi

10. producer snafu

11. joyrex

12. kakapo

13. Ad

14. Franklin

15. lol alzado

16. chaosmachine

17. placidburp

18. abusive george

19. yegg

20. LUDD

21. mosca

22. tauboo

23. Gary C

24. nacmat

25. Zaphod

26. THIS IS MICHAEL JACKSON

27. Glass plate

28. Chris moss acid

29. Braintree

30. echo

31. KAEN

32. Assymetrical head

33. ATOP

34. IAIN C

35. Pennywise

36. Jimbob

37. Chengod

38. Thanksomuch

You realize by making this thread, that you have inadvertantly included yourself in the 100?

I could have you killed in real life. Joypecks.

Guest Franklin

I could have you killed in real life.

i lol'ed kaka... now you're back off the list

well, i'm not a native english speaker and without propper education but i've noticed several errors in the aparatus of your IQ measure system.

first, the users you find annoying are already pre-disposed to your negative judgement. you need to clarify and define "annoyance". in most cases, annoyance towards a fellow person is expressed upon realizing his/her characteristics, that can resemble or depict yours, and therefore making them obvious to you in the most annoyed manner.

second, the 'online persona' variable is sloppy. you cannot determine how each and every post of an examined person was written. how much of 'online persona' percentage is actually in there?

third,

the majority of people on here are more than likely to have below average intelligence.

you prejudice already influenced the outcome.

fourth: what makes you so sure that senior members can advocate the measures of IQ? i know a senior member of my previous school. for fourty years he has been changing lightbulbs and preparing heat radiators for winter. he fixed a sink here and there... a high level of mental conciseness for sure.

fifth... the key criteria you elaborate points out you've been making a list of 100 most anti-community aleged members...

Guest Rambo
you've just put basically the more well known members in there rambo

lol that's what you think

*jots Godwin Austen*

Guest IRARI

but Braintree has a degree from berklee for god's sakes!

btw Rambo you're number one on my list :kiss:

Guest Rambo

okay i have some additions

39. Benedict Cumberbatch

40. Awepittance

41. gaarg

42. Godwin Austen

43. BCM

44. ET

45. mcbpete

46. Thanks robert moses

47. petr

48. kokoon

49. adjective

50. catsonearth

51. squee

52. beatfanatic

53. tidbit

54. plum

55. EDGEY

56. The Pod

57. encey

58. joshier

59. taxman

60. mrx

61. scones to die for

62. chax

63. rook

64. pattern overlap

65. azatoth

66. Rubin Farr

67. Caustic

68. weed

69. delet

70. 42orange

71. salvatorin

72. deepex

73. analogue wings

but Braintree has a degree from berklee for god's sakes!

that's not important, what is important is that i made a list of names

Archived