IGNORED

best films to watch stoned

Guest dese manz hatin

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In early college my friend and I used to occasionally do a double feature night where we each would pick out a movie we thought we might like that neither of us had ever seen. This was before Netflix took off so we were limited to whatever our campus library had, which made it a little more fun. Then we would get really drunk and high and watch them back to back.

The best of these nights was La Planete Sauvage followed by The Thing, neither of which we were expecting much out of. To this day this are still two of my favorite movies. So get wasted with an open minded friend and watch these back to back, it'll be fun.

Guest Al Hounos
koyanisqaatsi

yeah, this is awesome

also,

American Movie was one of the funniest things I have ever seen. every character in that movie was so bizarre, and they're all REAL, MAN!

fantastic-planet.jpg

THIS!

Holy shit this movie is fucking AMAZING! I was about to post this in the thread as soon as I saw the title but you beat me to it.

Any human being who has not seen it should at least youtube some clips to see if they would be into it because its one of the most fantastic, strange and creative films i've ever seen.

Guest Adjective

i got really immersed in The Tracey Fragments with a friend when i was high

but can't bear to watch it sober

me and like 4 friends sat through most of Delta Farce until our high started to fade, so i think Tessier nailed it on page one

Guest IRARI

blade runner

liquid sky

2001: a space odyssey

twin peaks: fire walk with me

æon flux (series)

the maxx (series)

Guest Pilcat

fear and loathing is the obvious choice.

first time i saw eraserhead i was high as fuck and i loved it...

i watched fast times at ridgemont one of the first times i ever smoked, i don't remember any of it except sex on a baseball field (i think?)

Guest abusivegeorge

THX1138

A Scanner Darkely

Scum

Happy Gilmore

Terminator 2

Belleville Rendezvous

The deep sea episode of Blue Planet is pretty fucking amazing stoned.

Mix up here, there is the deep sea episode of Planet Earth.... there's also a full dvd series called Blue Planet

Nah, there's a deep sea episode of both, containing a bit of the same footage but the Blue Planet version is way better

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Blue_Plan..._.22The_Deep.22

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Planet_Earth_...22Ocean_Deep.22

Nice try though :tongue:

The Blue Planet episode is actually what I based my Mariana mix after, you should get stoned and sync them up sometime.

Mystery Science Theater 3000

Funniest show stoned ever

Guest AOOproductions
glengarry glen ross

character studies when your drunk are the best things ever! I watched Unforgiven baked out of my mind and it was literally one of the most powerful experiences of my life. The scene were clint east wood talks about killing the guy around the fire with morgan freeman and he keeps saying "but i ain't like that no more"... so crazy.

Guest vodor

i also highly recommend koyanisqaatsi for stoned viewing.

the solaris remake was also good while stoned.

vertigo was extremely boring.

The deep sea episode of Blue Planet is pretty fucking amazing stoned.

Mix up here, there is the deep sea episode of Planet Earth.... there's also a full dvd series called Blue Planet

Nah, there's a deep sea episode of both, containing a bit of the same footage but the Blue Planet version is way better

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Blue_Plan..._.22The_Deep.22

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Planet_Earth_...22Ocean_Deep.22

Nice try though :tongue:

The Blue Planet episode is actually what I based my Mariana mix after, you should get stoned and sync them up sometime.

In this instance then, I'd prefer the David Attenborough narrated version (Blue Planet). I've heard that Sigorney Weaver's voiceover (for the US I beleive this was the case) is abysmal. I cannot undertand why they would repalce a legend such as Attenborough for the US version.

Guest Adjective

I've got to second Adjective's earlier recommendation of Delta Farce

i just repeat 0:45 - 0:50 over and over with my arm around my eagle, proud, and free.

Archived