IGNORED

laptop crash

Fred McGriff

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was harrassing a portugese guy on the poker table last night, i wonder if he someone hacked my computer? is that possible? i'm looking at you chaosmachine. can someone crash my harddrive because i was harrassing them on pokerstars?

I think just a change of helmet is in order

sorted

have you adhered to 4012a protocols? If not, i wouldn't even bother selecting your ported binary hunkmegs. Just strip it down to 42a, remove the little tabs along the safe/bypass AIAIAIA channel so you don't have to re-route your entire config dialog to your outboard extraction kernels. I mean, lol, who is going to debug a hyperthreaded outgoing data exchange port if it hasn't got a b11 safety bus?

hahahahahahahaha i love you rambo

yeah rambo that is some funny shit. you like started talking all tech-ese mumbo jumbo to hiliarious affect. you are an original funny guy.

Guest IRARI
have you adhered to 4012a protocols? If not, i wouldn't even bother selecting your ported binary hunkmegs. Just strip it down to 42a, remove the little tabs along the safe/bypass AIAIAIA channel so you don't have to re-route your entire config dialog to your outboard extraction kernels. I mean, lol, who is going to debug a hyperthreaded outgoing data exchange port if it hasn't got a b11 safety bus?

yeah rambo that is some funny shit. you like started talking all tech-ese mumbo jumbo to hiliarious affect. you are an original funny guy.

:stuart:

I was harrassing a portugese guy on the poker table last night, i wonder if he someone hacked my computer? is that possible? i'm looking at you chaosmachine. can someone crash my harddrive because i was harrassing them on pokerstars?

it's possible, mainly just make sure your firewall is configured to block SATA packets. also, it's a good idea to disable DMA mode, and set the logical block array size to 64kb.

Guest Rambo

sorted

oooh so bitter Fred. It's not my fault he didn't know it was some old internet meme done a million times before. Nor is it my fault you think i'm some guy who knows you or something.

Yes, that's right watmm, Fred thinks i'm after him or something else equally boring.

So i apologize on both counts: for someone else's laughter at something i typed causing you to lash out in upset and also for seeming like i must be someone i am not without any effort whatsoever on my part.

lol

it's possible, mainly just make sure your firewall is configured to block SATA packets. also, it's a good idea to disable DMA mode, and set the logical block array size to 64kb.

chaosmachine, you are too knowledgeable in this stuff, i feel like this is half bullshit half real

Guest Mr Salads
I spent almost 4 grand on an alienware, and it died twice in a year.

The first time was about a month after they were bought by Dell so I had to fight with thier tech support.

Both times it was related to the raid drives they come with and do not allow you format and unconfigure raid. Thus both times I lost all my data.

4 grand

dude

The MacBooks have Sudden Motion Technology built in...

Which models? Cant be the older ones

Guest abusivegeorge

Never had any problems with hard drive at all thank god.

I know exactly what Rambo was talking about.

sorted

this post basically confirmed my already confirmed suspicion of your homosexuality.

Keep your stuff backed up guys

my relatively simple backup strategy:

- I use two external Freecom Toughdrives.

- I backup everything onto the first one regularly (say once a week). the second one is kept at a different site (e.g. office or parents house) and I only backup onto it every couple of months

- I keep all the stuff I use regularly and want to backup (photos, music, projects) in one or two directory trees on my computer (rather than scattered all over the place in My Documents etc )

- I use Microsoft SyncToy to do the backing-up-onto-the-USB drives (it is good at only backing up the changes since last time)

The first often-used USB drive is to protect the data from hard drive failure, the second one is to protect the data from my house being totally burgled or burnt down or something.

Anything important you have should always be stored on at least two hard drives and preferably three.

See also this plan: Coding Horror - Backup Strategy

I spent almost 4 grand on an alienware, and it died twice in a year.

The first time was about a month after they were bought by Dell so I had to fight with thier tech support.

Both times it was related to the raid drives they come with and do not allow you format and unconfigure raid. Thus both times I lost all my data.

4 grand

dude

The MacBooks have Sudden Motion Technology built in...

Which models? Cant be the older ones

Since 2006, actually...

Guest theSun

oooh so bitter Fred. It's not my fault he didn't know it was some old internet meme done a million times before. Nor is it my fault you think i'm some guy who knows you or something.

Yes, that's right watmm, Fred thinks i'm after him or something else equally boring.

So i apologize on both counts: for someone else's laughter at something i typed causing you to lash out in upset and also for seeming like i must be someone i am not without any effort whatsoever on my part.

lol

i work in IT and i hear this shit all the time, i just thought that that particular paragraph went above and beyond the traditional tech mumbo jumbo bs.

Guest Rambo

just don't be so vocal next time, then everyone is happy. Clearly i have upset some people and i apologise.

Guest Rambo

and Irari: that list i made the other week was just a list of every watmmer i could think of, so you can get on with your life now.

Guest theSun
just don't be so vocal next time, then everyone is happy. Clearly i have upset some people and i apologise.

k sounds good, i thought i read the rules thoroughly but i'll run through them a few dozen more times.

Guest IRARI

and Irari: that list i made the other week was just a list of every watmmer i could think of, so you can get on with your life now.

i knew that, and i don't like you anyway

Guest Rambo

lol ok. Do endulge watmm then. What have i done or said to you in the last 3 years other than absolutely nothing?

Guest IRARI
lol ok. Do endulge watmm then. What have i done or said to you in the last 3 years other than absolutely nothing?

it's nothing you've done to me personally, i just don't like your posts or your avatar gimmick

Archived