IGNORED

that chiptune guy is finally suing timbaland

kaini

its one thing to just blatantly steal an entire song and use it to make your own beats over but usually it's obvious what song it's from, one can immedialy recognize the hooks. this is far far worse, a hugely popular millionaire musician stealing 100% of the work of someone extremely obscure who makes chip tunes.

Guest lands end road

Although completely unjust, I doubt this guy will have a chance in court with Timbaland.

"Sample and stole is two different things. Stole is like I walked in your house, watched you make it, stole your protools, went to my house and told Nelly, 'Hey, I got a great song for you.' Sample is like you heard it somewhere, and you just sampled. Maybe you didn't know who it was by because it don't have the credits listed."

you are an abysmal ignorant fuckhead congrats!

I actually think they should join forces lol

judging by that last bit

I wonder who can stand chiptune music btw, because I sure can't

apparently a lot of top 10 pop/rap music can stand it really well

but i personally love music from old NES and genesis games even Super nintendo, memorable music from my childhood that i still listen to today. I'm not a fan of any people who make new chiptune music because i am a purest, i like my NES music 4 channels only with square wave/triangle/saw/noise

Guest pantsonmyhead

omg rap producer samples

no fucking way?!?!?!

the only thing that really surproses me about this is....actually none of this is surprising

i have a feeling timbaland can afford better lawyers

that dude has always used melodies and chord progressions from video games and other peoples music, and talked about it in interviews

omg rap producer samples

no fucking way?!?!?!

the only thing that really surproses me about this is....actually none of this is surprising

i don't think anyone is surprised by this it just reinforces the fact that 'woah these guys steal from people with absolutely no fame or exposure without crediting them and go on to make millions of dollars in the process'

i forgot from time to time that people who are millionaires are so greedy that they instead of hiring this dude or asking him 'hey can we pay you X dollars to use this' will just outright steal it without even worrying about it. so stories like this are a good reminder of how some artists have absolutely no soul

chiptune new or old fucking wails. if you think diffrent your an asshole.

old

commando - rob hubbard

amazing

new

wilfred castillo - your a hero on level zero

amazing

"Sample and stole is two different things. Stole is like I walked in your house, watched you make it, stole your protools, went to my house and told Nelly, 'Hey, I got a great song for you.' Sample is like you heard it somewhere, and you just sampled. Maybe you didn't know who it was by because it don't have the credits listed."

It's such a cerebral contrast.  With this definition, P2P networks should start calling their traffic "sampling".

Guest AOOproductions

yeah but what if the chip tune guy stole the melody from somewhere else? Hmm DIDNT THINK OF THST DID YOU!!!!!!!!

FUCK YEAH

the chances of 2 people making that same thing are quite big

i'm sure he did steal it but it's a very simple stufff

Guest tv_party

I've always hated chiptune shit. hopefully the guy is forced to sell every piece of electronic gear to fund the lawsuit.

Archived