IGNORED

Atomic Bomb Survivors

Guest Gary C

Guest Gary C

And here I was starting to feel a bit sorry for myself this Sunday evening...

http://www.aasc.ucla.edu/cab/200712090001.html

09_01_lg.jpg

HARADA Haruo

Parachute and fireball of the bomb.

Year of Birth: 1935 \ Age at time of blast: 10 \ Age when image created: 40

05_21_lg.jpg

TAMURA Shigemasa

In front of the Prefecture Hospital, people stood in a long line waiting for treatment for their burns. Treated with medicine that looked like white paint, they turned white all over. Everyone died asking for water.

Year of Birth: 1938 \ Age at time of blast: 6 \ Age when image created: 36

15_44_lg.jpg

OGAWA Sagami

Corpses in the water tank were swollen and red while those around it were charred and shrunken.

Year of Birth: 1917 \ Age at time of blast: 28 \ Age when image created: 57

13_06_lg.jpg

TAKAKURA Akiko

A woman driven by unbearable thirst trying to catch black raindrops in her mouth.

Year of Birth: 1925 \ Age at time of blast: 19 \ Age when image created: 49

Guest Gary C

Terrifying. I'd never properly considered how dry the area must have become after such an event. Having to drink black rain from puddles...

I went to the museum they have in Hiroshima. There was a sculpture of a person melting. That was probably the most disturbing thing I've seen from the incident. Also, the pieces of concrete with people's shadows permanently etched into them.

Guest thanksomuch

when i get home from work i will look for the link i have. it's an entire gallery of these drawings

Guest cardan
bob ross was way better than these motherfuckers.

"har har". yea, that's great, fuckin useless piece of senseless shit fuck. get a fucking clue retard, do everyone else a favor at least... stupid fucking people like you . . .

edit: even more ridiculous, weren't you trying to be a teacher at one point? or still are? god

bob ross was way better than these motherfuckers.

"har har". yea, that's great, fuckin useless piece of senseless shit fuck. get a fucking clue retard, do everyone else a favor at least... stupid fucking people like you . . .

edit: even more ridiculous, weren't you trying to be a teacher at one point? or still are? god

fuck you cardan. you're an idiot and i hate you.

interesting how the child like aesthetic is almost always proportional to the age at which it was experienced. in older age you have more a notion of experience that encompasses a lot, and then this can be transferred into imagery... whereas as a child you can just have that single searing image. this makes it so much more poignant and distressing...

im fascinated by the fact that they all look like childrens drawings but they are from adults, is it because they were children when they saw it or because they cant draw any different?

either way, its intense stuff. thanks for posting.

Archived