IGNORED

10 layoffs today...

QBLA

shit y0! there were 10 layoffs today at my company! 2 of them were pretty cool dudes that have become friends in the past year or so that i've worked there. i guess i'm pretty swamped at work that i don't see or pay attention to all the troubles and slowness other departments are having. there was a blanket of depression and fear at work today that i would only notice if someone came to my office and told me. i'm pretty thankful that my department is a skeleton crew and we are always kept busy... it looks that the only way we would lose our jobs is if the company shut down... and if it does... back to cali for us!

Would it bother you if you had to go back to Cali?

no... going back to cali is actually a plan b... my wife's company would take her back in a heartbeat with higher salary (she talks with the district manager over there regularly) and my former place of employment would take me back as well (i still have contact with them and have done stuff on the side for them on occasion from home)... the only trouble for me would be commuting since we won't be moving back to the L.A. area... so i would probably have to shit can the idea of going back to the former place and just look for a new place... which is pretty hard in cali!

So FL is not the place you're going to settle?

we're not unhappy here... but we don't fit in! if we do decide on staying here, we're going to get a bigger house... but that's like plan d!

I used to live in Orlando for 7 years, that place can get muggy. It also used to give me a Jew fro without being Jewish, so thats a good thing.

asm, prolly a good thing you are staying too busy to notice stuff, that might have been what caused you to stay and others get the boot.

Guest theSun

i can't wait to graduate this december. anyone know of any IT openings around? i'm hoping to find a place in one of the 1000000 colleges in my area, but i'm kind of expecting to relocate.

wow... looks like my wife might be transferring to granada hills, ca! that's super close to where i used to work! lemme get in contact with my old boss!

wow... looks like my wife might be transferring to granada hills, ca! that's super close to where i used to work! lemme get in contact with my old boss!

Wow, that was a brief tenure in Florida!

The Valley, right?

word!

Sounds good man.

I thought y'all had a huge house down there already?

we have a nice house now... with a swimming pool! great landscaping in the back yard, a fence (which is a plus in florida). we're going to hire an agency to rent it out for us... i would rent it to my sister, but i don't really trust her!

Archived