IGNORED

Pearl Jam and Gomez

Guest abusivegeorge

Guest abusivegeorge

What do you guys think of these bands then? Got two tickets to go and see them at the 02 arena on Tuesday.

Guest abusivegeorge

What do you guys think of these bands then? Got two tickets to go and see them at the 02 arena on Tuesday.

It's possible actually that these tickets may be for sale over the weekend if my friend is still ill.

And if LUDD can't make it.

Guest Deep Fried Everything

is the thread title supposed to end in "are fucking awful", but it got cut off?

i'm confused.

lol

i used to like gomez, then i realized... yeah their drummer COMPLETELY overplays in their live show, he's always doing all sort of ridiculously complicated fills over simple strummer guitar musics, not good at all.

pj, i'd like to go seem 'em once, but that's about it.

Pearl Jam did a rather pleasant collaboration album with Neil Young about 12 years ago called Mirrorball, if i remember correctly. I remember it rocked.

But that was before i got into thrash metal. I'd go with Pearl Jam but Gomez are pretty damn lame. Ever Terrorvision rock harder than those punkoids.

Guest Benedict Cumberbatch

both great bands.

PJ play here soon in golden gate park about 6 blocks away but the rest of the weekend line upis so piss poor i cant part with the the 90$(one day) 200+(3 day) cost. anyone else going to outsidelands?

not to diss pearl jam or anything but it's really a shame that most people have only heard Nursrat's americanized music. His traditional pakistani stuff is mind blowing, its some of the best music on this earth.

Guest abusivegeorge

Well I'm definetly going with the girl I was meant to be going with, and my parents arent giving us a lift anymore we are going on our own on the train, there and back and I'm staying at hers afterwards.

I'm a fucking mess right now but she still wants to do it, in fact she suggested it, guess I'm kinda loveable eh, god my ego needs to be restrained in some way, I need to be nasty to someone or something, where is maja.

not to diss pearl jam or anything but it's really a shame that most people have only heard Nursrat's americanized music. His traditional pakistani stuff is mind blowing, its some of the best music on this earth.

absolutely agree. although his stuff with michael brook is pretty good

very indebted to peter gabriel's realworld label for exposing me to it enough to prompt me to go seek out the *real* good stuff.

i haven't actually given any nusrat a spin in a while, hmmm. it tends to make me cry for some reason

Guest abusivegeorge

Well in 24 hours this will be almost over, I better fucking enjoy it or I'm blaming you watmm. I think thats fair seeing as you invented music.

so what's his best non-americanized stuff then?

So it was good then? I was offered a free VIP ticket but turned it down because I wanted to watch the Arsenal match and couldn't be arsed with catching the train afterwards.

On the subject of Mirrorball, a friend of a friends band were trying to think of a name for themselves. They definitely liked the idea of having "ball" in their name and being a grindcore band they needed something brutal and scary.

Their two favourite names were "Terror Ball" and "Horror Ball"

Seriously. It took someone to tell them what it sounded like out loud to everyone else before they changed their mind.

Guest abusivegeorge

So it was good then? I was offered a free VIP ticket but turned it down because I wanted to watch the Arsenal match and couldn't be arsed with catching the train afterwards.

Totally know what you mean with the train, got stranded in kings cross, ended up having to get all sorts of busses and shit, but you know what, it was fucking worth it, I'm not even a fan of pearl jam, but for my age I've seen a lot of live bands, in excess of 50 I'd say, and I reckon this was one of the best, seriously.

Next up, David Gray (also not a fan, but great live, and he did that track with orbital) Aphex Twin - obviously and UB40.

Oh and possibly Anal Cunt and Mark Reid.

Archived