IGNORED

Antarctica Tribute Tracklisting, info, discussion

Brandi_B

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I really don't want to answer that question right now :(

It's insane to make people pay for an album they are on, but at the same time i'm putting my own money into all this. So we'll see what happens. Everyone will surely get a "copy" of some form. Don't flame this yet PLEASE! I am not sure what I'm going to do about this and the mastering guy is going to give me some (hopefully) good advice.

PS - Mastering has been postponed till next Saturday. I'm still waiting for one more track and he had some other work thats on a tight deadline so it worked out best for the best of us. Plus i'm still feelign really crappy from getting jacked in the face.

• 2 weeks later...

It is in the process of being mastered. Since I'm getting a heavily discounted rate, it's "whenever it's done" but it won't be too much longer. I'm shooting for mid October release. Late Oct. at the latest. I'm thinking just a Download with paypal donate button. 320k and 256k downloads. CD pressing is still possibly going to happen, but instead of wait for turn around times/having enough money to do it (cheapest decent quality I've found is about 300 dollars), I'd rather just get the music out there. To those that say why not just press them yourself, when you get them pressed they use higher quality cds and I'm not sure how to go about or if you can do that with a plain ol cd burner. Also I do not have any labeling software or access to a decent color printer even if I did. So...we shall see. I would like to personally but 300 bones is a lot. And if everyone that was on it got a free one, it would cost even more with shipping, and loosing a large percent of the target buyers. *brainspasm*

It's looking like i'm going to just do the "pressing" myself via kinkos and my cd burner. It will still cost a decent chunk of money, but ultimately will work out better and be cheaper than going thru a company. Pretty much after talking to some friends and acquaintances about their experiences with getting their music pressed, and also doing online research I came to a conclusion. That conclusion is that it's near impossible to get "quality" cds (not cdrs) with artwork, and insert for under 500 dollars, and at that price you might as well go up to the 640-1000 dollar range and get 1000 cds printed.

So, cdrs with nice quality insert and jewel case will be available for purchase online at the release. The price will be 8 dollars including shipping for US buyers, outside of US will depend on shipping cost to your country.

I talked to the mastering guy tonight and got a date for when he will be done. I've battled with this decision, but sadly it's the way i'm going to have to go...people participating in the compilation will *NOT* get a free cdr. I'm sorry but I just can't afford it. You will however have access to a full quality download :)

So...finally an official and set in stone release date:

OCTOBER 27, 2009

• 3 weeks later...

It's coming along, it's gonna be close tho. It may end up being delayed a week. The inside booklet, back covers/track listing are done and the cd label artwork is done and ready. Just waiting for the mastering to be done. The mastering guy has a lot going on and is done with cd1 but still just getting started on cd2 two. SO it's looking more like a week delay or so. When I know exactly in the next 1-2 days I'll post here and the official release in the new/upcoming releases forum.

yeah i'm just kinda getting static atm as to when it will be done. He's gotten a lot of higher paying work in

and since he gave me such a deal it's kinda when he has time to do it, hopefuly he'll come around in the next lil while.

Don't put blame on him being lazy, it's just the type of deal i struck up, it was this or attempt to master it myself

which wouldve sounded horrible :)

i will post as soon as i know more.

• 3 weeks later...

I actually just came on here to post that i'm sitting here now overseeing the finalizing of the mastering :) It's sounding good, the tracklisting is different than the original one posted. CD 2 still isn't finished but cd1 is done, had to have some revisions, so it got re-done so to speak and that is finishing now. SO hopefully everything may be finished tonight. He's got to record for a few hours but then hopefully we'll pick back up where he left off, i'm just gonna hang out here so we can just dive right back into it :)

Archived