IGNORED

derren brown predicts lottery numbers

Guest elliotjking

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Fuck tonight, i wanna see fridays show now to see how the hell he did it, something odd going on with it, he read 2,400,000 as 2000 twice.

That's just your average live TV slip-up, I don't think it was anything to do with the technique...

when he turned the balls round i was thinking you could have OLED screen in the balls .. but whatever .. i'm sure it's something way more caveman going on .. remember magic is all about the presentation of the piece .. not the difficulty of it's execution ..

lottery isn't really transmitted live. that's my guess other than numbers/balls are put there by some-trick-that-we-can't-see after the winning numbers are announced. a 5 minute delay would be more than enough.

Here is a link to a Guardian article that says a couple of theories that I really hope are false. More interesting is a link to the advert about Friday's show where he seems to give a possible hint to how he done it. Snowflake wtf?

linky-o

theory 6 sounds like there's *something* to it, considering a lot of the ads contained backwards footage played forwards/forwards footage played backwards trickery...

but in the form it's presented in the article, i don't understand it and am not sure it could be done without some sort of time travel :facepalm:

hmm! http://derrenbrown.co.uk/blog/2009/08/3d-printer-create-objects/

although derrenbrown.co.uk might as well be DDoS'ed at the moment lol

He probably transcended space and time for the sole purpose of doing a funny little trick.

I'd rather see a card trick to be honest. This could have been done with any numbers, people are just so distracted by the fact that its THE LOTTERY.

It is notable that whatever the outcome this is a massive advertisement for the National Lottery.

How many people have been reminded on the ailing game and are now considering buying a ticket again?

doing the lottery gives it added entertainment value and also ties it in to a live event that everyone can watch simultaneously so it's a cooler illusion than a card trick or random numbers, it involves directly anyone who wants to be involved, that's pretty cool.

yeah. it was a bit shit really cause that was the only logical explanation. and such a see through resort to camera trickery is a bit crap. bring back paul daniels.

i saw him DIE in an Iron MAiden live on the BBC on a saturday night

i saw him DIE in an Iron MAiden live on the BBC on a saturday night

who paul daniels?

Yeah (but obviously he didn't die as this was back in the late 80's !), and I remember freaking the fuck out when I saw it, aged about 7 - for weeks afterwards I was convinced he was dead.

This is the trick - I haven't seen it for 20 years:

it wouldnt surprise me if it was made to LOOK like it was camera trickery, then derren will pull some batshit crazy method out of his ass and fuck everyone with it.

hes too good surely to have an aid fuck up one ball and ruin the entire thing.

Archived