IGNORED

Yoseph appreciation

Guest Calx Sherbet

This album grabbed me by the testes as the 1st time i heard it was in a great car system... the bass in Liptones fucking crushed me within the 1st minute of puttin on the cd for the 1st time. oh my goodness. and countdown? don't get me started.

"Humanoid...Intruder...Hello, Commander. Starbase 1 under attack. The battle is over. I don't even remember how this happened. WAAAA"

those samples at the beginning of Yoseph always make me laugh

maaaaaaaan synthax has been, for a while now, my favorite vibert track. the moment the first lead drops in makes me go crazy every fucking time i hear it. try playing that track on the dance floor (ok.. try that with any track of his).

I had heard Tally Ho! and Musipal before this and liked them a lot, but this CD caused me to make the connection and made me a fan of all things Vibert. First track I heard off this was Nok Tup and I was absolutely blown away.

Anyone know the story behind why he released exactly 1 album for warp?

He was slated for another release in 2006 I think, but cockblocked his own warp release by having 4-5 things coming out that year so they delayed it...

i've heard stuff on various radio Shows that was supposed to be on it: "My Lonely Scene" and "seabass" among others. Both tracks are wicked, 'My lonely Scene' is in 6/8 timing fyi.

Liptones and Snapdance are my favs on Yoseph, amazing album.

Also- Arcade acid (japanese release) is pretty decent for the completists out there.

I think I have this but it's labeled as "Track 14 (not on album)"... Oh I wish I knew, wish I knew...

pretty sure that's it. With "this is not Q-bert music samples?"

Japanese bonus track:

14: "Arcade Acid"

My I love acid t-shirt, I still rock from time to time.

• 3 weeks later...

Been listening to a lot of YosepH lately. ILoveAcid & NokTup used to be my faves but now i have YosepH & Acidisco on repeat all the time.

Acidisco is officially the best track on this album imho(which is contrary to Pitchfork who concluded that Noktup is best track).

Anyway fuck it, This album is a real grower.

my immediate favorites on the album (excluding i love acid) were acidisco and countdown, even though i wasn't too keen on luke.

then after i got used to and loved the vibert funk, i have to say that liptones is amazing, but i absolutely think that freak time baby definitely kicks this cd into high gear

killer grooves abound on that track

i've never heard Arcade Acid

Nor have i Sherbethead. I just saw that after i posted my message and wondered about it. Could be another Japenese bonus release anti-climax ala Zurich 2001

Yes it was a japanese bonus here you go:

My link