IGNORED

music shuffling

Guest Calx Sherbet

Guest Calx Sherbet

does anyone here shuffle an artists music? i feel like i just don't have it in me to do so, i always keep it within the borders of an album.....it's too weird and uncomfortable to go beyond that

Guest Calx Sherbet

for me it's like it's just too out of control. i know if i don't want to hear something i could easily skip it, but it just doesn't seem that simple to me. i have such hypersensitivty to music where i take it way too seriously. i can't just listen to it, and not think about it. i always submerge myself in it, and the whole process of listening to stuff gets overwhelming. it's like my mind out of instinct WANTS to undermine what it hears and break it down into meaningless nothing. and there are just to many variables. there is stuff i hate listening to when it's sunny, stuff i at night, stuff i hate when it's summer, etc. i'm too heavily affected by the mood of music. i even hate just making connections between moments and certain music. like i'll be listening to something from ICBYD when going on a walk at night, and then for like the next month or two, i never want to hear it again. the moment is just too attatched to that music, and then it tries to mix with what i am feeling at the current moment. it's like the music is pulling me into the past moment, and while it was nice at the time, it's just foreign in the present moment and i want to stay away from it (that being the way i used to feel). it's like starting an old moment over, which never feels good. it makes me very sad that it has to be this complicated

i've had outrageous mental breakdowns involving these things. i bet if i ever lose my mind, music will more than likely be the reason.

fuck

*breathes*

Guest abusivegeorge

I never shuffle my music, I don't use an ipod for starters, as all the music I listen to is in the car, on PC, or on the home stereo system, when I am outside of my four walls I am out with friends or at AA meetings, or in a pub club, so I've no need for an ipod. My in car systems don't have a shuffle option anyway so I play right through, and I am not a skipper of tracks anyway unless I really dislike sometihng.

Guest Calx Sherbet

constructing a playlist is beyond me for some reason, i never like doing it :ohmy:

btw ignore me being a jabbering loon earlier. music and stress go hand in hand for me

Sure I shuffle sometimes. Above all I'm an album listener no doubt, but on occasion (usually at home) I don't know what to listen to so I'll hit shuffle and see what comes up. Sometimes it'll inspire me to play a particular album I haven't heard in a while, or something new I haven't listened to yet. Also if I'm at work and just finished an album but don't have time for an entire album before I'm done with work, I might shuffle for a bit.

I think people who do nothing but shuffle are products of the mp3 generation, and suck.

if i ever do shuffle it's usually for a particular genre or similar mood that the music has. for example I have a "chilled music" playlist which I throw on shuffle, but otherwise I listen to albums as a whole. track listing can be very important, and I can imagine the artist spent some time working out the best order for the songs so it'd be a shame to disregard that and let a computer decide.

IMO

same as this guy

Guest Barricade

i only shuffle my playlist called "dubstep". for all teh idm and rock music i have to listen to the full album in the order as it was meant by the artist(s).

My daughter's iPod Nano (5th gen) she got for her birthday has an innovative (and quite intuitive) shuffle method - to shuffle your songs, you physically shake the iPod.

Apple is badass.

You guys that are totally against shuffling...you ever do album shuffle? It's an iPod feature. It picks an album at random, plays it all the way through, then picks another at random, and so on. I personally don't use it, as I normally like to choose the album I listen to, but it's a nice option to have when you're indecisive. Just curious.

I shuffle quite a lot with full album listens. I seem to go through patches and atm I've been getting a bit tired towards the end of albums so I've been shuffling on my ipod and my library. I have quite a lot of music so it's nice to remember albums to put back on my ipod that I had forgotten about.

Funny though sometimes you just get a run of tracks you hate, and you end up putting an album on or you get an amazing run of tracks you don't wanna turn off even though you've something in mind.

Guest Glass Plate

did you see that one thing where they gave kids old walkmen and they were talking about how they couldn't do shuffle on it? lol

i shuffle all day everyday! fuck all this "boo hiss! i don't understand why people prefer to shuffle" nonsense... wrap your head around some other bullshit to keep yall occupied!

with that said... when i drive my xterra, i listen to cds since i don't have an mp3 player in it!

Guest Glass Plate

I used to be a huge advocate of shuffle listening, would make great palettes for various moods, and leave them on for hours while doing other tasks, but I seem to rarely do that now.

It might because I listen to so much more music now that I prefer to listen to it in album form until I'm more familiar with it.

Guest Calx Sherbet

You guys that are totally against shuffling...you ever do album shuffle? It's an iPod feature. It picks an album at random, plays it all the way through, then picks another at random, and so on. I personally don't use it, as I normally like to choose the album I listen to, but it's a nice option to have when you're indecisive. Just curious.

i rarely listen to an album in the correct track order

my life has suddenly begun

Archived