IGNORED

AFX Remixed

ilt17

The man has talent.

He's got some good stuff but puting a downtempo loop on [cliffs] wasn't the best demonstration for me ...

Are those xltronic remixes worth a listen ?

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I find this dubstep remix of Windowlicker:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bYIJZi2XKo8

Unknown Artist vs Aphex Twin - Dublicker - Not On Label - 2009

Me likey.

In fact I would love to hear a lot more Aphex stuff remixed. Remixes of his old tracks would be a cool way to bring them "up to date", so to speak. Not to replace them, mind you. It would just be nice to hear those original ideas with production and techniques of today. I'll check that V/VM link soon.

very nice!

• 6 months later...
Guest Masonic Boom

OK, that Four Tet one is the first remix of Aphex I've heard that hasn't made me want to throw my computer across the room screaming "HOW DARE YOU!!!" but I think that might be because he generally tends to channel the same "plinky plonky clockwork toybox techno" end of music that I really like about Aphex to start with.

The Nathan Fake one, though, can eat a bag of dicks.

That's the real beauty, we can each have our own opinions, and both be right (if only to ourselves). I found it to b generic. Ludd's remix was 10000000x better because it didn't take itself so serious. This sounded to ME like someone trying a bit too hard. :shrug: It doesn't matter. I never have to listen to it again if I don't want to!

Guest Masonic Boom

I quite liked it. But that could be because I have such an irrational dislike of the original that of course I'm going to like a wibbly wubbly beaty one better.

Guest Babar

OK, that Four Tet one is the first remix of Aphex I've heard that hasn't made me want to throw my computer across the room screaming "HOW DARE YOU!!!" but I think that might be because he generally tends to channel the same "plinky plonky clockwork toybox techno" end of music that I really like about Aphex to start with.

The Nathan Fake one, though, can eat a bag of dicks.

Boom, i love your posts, you sould come back to the gen ban. Dont be afraid.

This might be a good place to put this.

I find it to be absolutely beautiful, anyone else?

http://soundcloud.com/martynas/aphex-twin-avril-14th-martynas-m-sleepless-remix

pssh :trashbear:

i loved it.

LOVE

Archived