IGNORED

AFX Remixed

ilt17

After Capsaicin's 26 Mixes for Cash thread, what's the point with AFX tracks remixed by other artists ? I don't mean acoustic versions or things like techno version of Analogue Bubblebath by I don't even remember who. True remixes, sort of inverted 26 Mixes for Cash.

I know Wisp SAW2 remixes I didn't especially find good, is there anything else worth listening ?

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That was really quite good.

Aphex Twin - Donkey Rhubarb (Carribean Version) :facepalm:

Under the sea, things will be better when we're under the sea. >_>

I find this dubstep remix of Windowlicker:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bYIJZi2XKo8

Unknown Artist vs Aphex Twin - Dublicker - Not On Label - 2009

This is really decent too. Dubstep can be pretty sweet.

So we can conclude according your legendary faggotry that things like "Aphex Twin - ... (xxx Remix)" have never existed.

Thanks, that's all I wanted to know !

Weird, he yet isn't unremixable...

Me likey.

In fact I would love to hear a lot more Aphex stuff remixed. Remixes of his old tracks would be a cool way to bring them "up to date", so to speak. Not to replace them, mind you. It would just be nice to hear those original ideas with production and techniques of today. I'll check that V/VM link soon.

Me likey.

In fact I would love to hear a lot more Aphex stuff remixed. Remixes of his old tracks would be a cool way to bring them "up to date", so to speak. Not to replace them, mind you. It would just be nice to hear those original ideas with production and techniques of today. I'll check that V/VM link soon.

I mean, this is shit. Total shit. I can't get on board with a remix in which the original song isn't even on beat with the additional productions. Trainwreck a go-go

P.S. those Wisp SAWII mixes were basically one of the first signals that AFX was gonna bring Reid into the Rephlex fold. RDJ played them out at his own set. Which is partially lame-o because it's like Aphex Twin baked a SAW II cake and then Wisp took a lot of time to ice it and decorate it really well and Richard was all, "that's well good--I'll present it like it's all mine." But then, he like, gave Wisp a record deal and rocketed him to IDM stardom so...all's well that ends well as they say.

Oh well, can't please everyone. I think its an alright mix (doesn't even hold a candle to the original obviously and I swear I heard lyrics clipped in, I'll pretend I didn't hear those...)

What set did Rich play the Wisp SAW remixes at?, Wisp was always going to make it somewhere for sure, the man has talent. Why can't Rephlex just release his back catalogue that wasn't released (the stuff you can get on the internet and they are those full albums he made that didn't land on any record label whatsoever) and leave Honour Beats, Building Dragons and NDHTR (something like that) alone or remaster them and throw bonus shit in (seriously Rephlex make this happen! I'd buy that shit in a snap!)

Archived