IGNORED

Aphex with CS-80

cern

There's a PS-3200 for sale in an Oslo store these days, they're asking about 4100EUR for it. I had the chance to try it for half a minute, and the patch that was already on it had a very Tuss'y sound to it, something along the pads at 1:30 in Alspacka.

you got pretty good ears. I know he bought 3 ps-3300's from the dude from coldcut. Those synths are really crazy expensive

the PS3200 has a stupid polyphony for an analogue synth, if you listen to some of the poly sounds on analord there's no note dropout which kinda gives it away

Are you saying synths like a jupiter 8 have note drop off? Or the OB-X? Do you think that is cause of midi clogging issues on the retro fits?

if you set a long release time you will always get the last note dropping out in place of the new one when the polyphony is maxed out

not sure about midi clogging on retro fits (depends who does it) but I can find out

something like the cs-80 you'd have to factor in repairs. Can you repair it yourself or do you live near a synth tech so she can come over and repair it for you

Archived