IGNORED

Beck's Record Club

Alzado

oh man, that 'that's no way to say goodbye' cover... so good.

beck couldn't have done this so easily and well without a pile of album experience and/or celebrity musician friends under his belt, naturally...

a n00b would have made shit of this

Beck wrote a song last month dedicated to (and titled) Harry Partch, after some guy in this band the Fiery Furnaces called him out in some weird alt-rock drama. Still don't understand what the argument was about, but the track is ace:

http://stereogum.com/mp3/Beck%20-%20Harry%20Partch.mp3

It actually reminds me a lot of The Focus Group. It'd be so fucking nice to hear a full album from Beck in a weird hyper-musique-concrete-pop form like this.

edit: 7:26 into the song=10 AMAZING seconds

• 4 months later...
Guest tht tne

thorunn magnusdottir is fucking hot

l_229fa9c6eceddeb233b9a8cd599b32ce.jpg

also, they look like they're having an absolute blast doing this stuff

*right tit rests gracefully on tabletop, invites fappage*

• 1 month later...

Beck wrote a song last month dedicated to (and titled) Harry Partch, after some guy in this band the Fiery Furnaces called him out in some weird alt-rock drama. Still don't understand what the argument was about, but the track is ace:

http://stereogum.com/mp3/Beck%20-%20Harry%20Partch.mp3

It actually reminds me a lot of The Focus Group. It'd be so fucking nice to hear a full album from Beck in a weird hyper-musique-concrete-pop form like this.

edit: 7:26 into the song=10 AMAZING seconds

how does this have anything to do with Harry Partch? Is he just name dropping for the fuck of it? hmm..

edit*

I listened in full. Still not really seeing it...but whatever. I suppose the more exposure of Partch's work, the better.

Guest bitroast

to me the song sounds like a mix (planned obsolescence style) but with vocals and things thrown in.

in 94' mellow gold flipped my world upside down with it's freaked out sound

beck is so damn good - i'll always overlook how much of a hipster he is

this whole record club idea is brilliant!

Archived