IGNORED

Avatar wins Best Picture and Cameron takes Best Director at the Golden Globes

karmakramer

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Conor74

Hate it when these films win awards. I'll be fucked if I'm gonna sit through some cartoon about flying blue people amongst an audience of comic book story guy types to judge its merits.

Guest lullezucht

LOL people won't pay more for 3d , Avatar is about to make more money then any other movie ever. The big studios are on board, it's no longer even a question. 3D displays will be here in good time (laptops and phones too) , do you prefer listening to mono music are your 5.1

How long is 5.1 around? How many people are still listening to stereo? How many people are mostly listening to crappy mp3s on tinny ipod headphones?

If those other movies don't perform like expected. They'll ditch the gimmick in a heartbeat.

Hate it when these films win awards. I'll be fucked if I'm gonna sit through some cartoon about flying blue people amongst an audience of comic book story guy types to judge its merits.

cartoon? :facepalm:

4216038_f002544952_m.jpg

31194361-31194364-large.jpg

..a bit more than that.

I try real hard to not judge it but whenever I read about avator all I can think of are blue cat furries frolicking in a magical forest.

I try real hard to not judge it but whenever I read about avator all I can think of are blue cat furries frolicking in a magical forest.

Actually its just a long string of bestiality.

Guest Deep Fried Everything

continuing the threadjack... 3d movies (or television, more generally) have been around for a long time, no? it must just now be getting more affordable, or the studios want to use it as a gimmick to fill more seats. i guess if people will pay to see it; we also went to see the nightmare before christmas in 3d maybe 2 years ago? and it was hella expensive, like almost $15 iirc, because it included 3d glasses. well i kept that pair for next time, so am i going to be forced to pay at the theatre for glasses again as part of the ticket price?

I actually agree with lulle and lump on this. I don't think 3D will stick this time as it can only be used in action and kids films.

This film will win awards because the industry is rejuvenated by it. The film industry is beginning to change as the music industry has. How can you get people into cinemas in such record numbers when they can pirate these films easier than ever before. I have certainly downloaded more films in the last year than I've seen in the cinema in my whole life.

It's a gimmick. It's a cartoon film with a cartoon plot, but the gimmick has made it a 'cinema' film. You can't watch it without the effects that, at the moment, only a cinema can produce.

It's an incredibly clever move really, and that's what deserves the awards.

Archived