IGNORED

The War on Drugs is now over for realz

karmakramer

I've blacked out on alcohol more than once. Never blacked out on LSD or mushrooms. Only once on hash, but that was after doing 50 knife hits and then getting a wall toke...

Nicotine causes raised blood pressure, and is vasoconstrictor, which makes it harder for the heart to pump blood through arteries (as opposed to THC which is a vasodilator (it's why your eyes get red when you smoke) and makes it easier to pump blood around the body).

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You wouldn't jail a man for eating mcdonald's every day because it's horrible for his health would you? Nobody would because he needs to see a therapist, not a jail cell.

man jailed

but they dont fuck you up nearly as much while you are actually on them.

I've blacked out on alcohol more than once. Never blacked out on LSD or mushrooms. Only once on hash, but that was after doing 50 knife hits and then getting a wall toke...

Nicotine causes raised blood pressure, and is vasoconstrictor, which makes it harder for the heart to pump blood through arteries (as opposed to THC which is a vasodilator (it's why your eyes get red when you smoke) and makes it easier to pump blood around the body).

to be fair, to black out with alcohol you'd have to have drunk a shitload, but a standard dose of alcohol compared to a standard dose of acid there's no contest - you'd be more fucked up on acid than alcohol.

i'm really curious, so i looked the proper definition of hard vs soft drugs up.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hard_and_soft_drugs

"Soft drugs" are generally not physically addictive and carry less risk of overdose and health threats. Most have relatively high therapeutic indexes (ratio of toxic dose to "effective" dose), and most have high LD50s as well. Psychological dependence, if applicable, is generally mild compared to harder drugs.

[Hard drugs] are generally described as being physically addictive, severely psychologically addictive, easier to overdose on, and/or posing serious health and social risks, including death.

lsd is disputed, but under this definition, i think it clearly fits into the soft drugs category.

I know people are pessimistic, but I truly think the removal of operation in South America and the ideologies of the Drug Czar are going to lead to elimination of the war. This process has to be slow cause chaos would ensue if they announced any real plans before they happen. But just you watch, Obama knows he needs to actually deliver real change to get re-elected and this will be his main achievement.

I know people are pessimistic, but I truly think the removal of operation in South America and the ideologies of the Drug Czar are going to lead to elimination of the war. This process has to be slow cause chaos would ensue if they announced any real plans before they happen. But just you watch, Obama knows he needs to actually deliver real change to get re-elected and this will be his main achievement.

lol, you are crazy if you think most Americans will see the loosening of drug laws as "real change." I think the majority of Americans don't really give a shit - I'm sure it's way low on their list of concerns after things like jobs and health care - plus the religious right will have a field day with it. Conclusion: legalizing any drugs would probably have a net negative effect on Obama's popularity.

Conclusion: legalizing any drugs would probably have a net negative effect on Obama's popularity.

legalizing would (and wont happen), however ending a stupid waste of money drug war and coming up with some new legislation probably wouldnt (assuming its done in a politically, economically intelligent way).

fair enough but either way I don't think the American public will care. They don't give a shit if defoliants are being used in south america or if dirt poor afghanis are being forced to destroy their pretty poppy fields.

to be fair, to black out with alcohol you'd have to have drunk a shitload, but a standard dose of alcohol compared to a standard dose of acid there's no contest - you'd be more fucked up on acid than alcohol.

what's a standard dose of alcohol? I've done way more stupid shit drunk than under the influence of LSD, and I've done LSD many many a time...

what's a standard dose of alcohol? I've done way more stupid shit drunk than under the influence of LSD, and I've done LSD many many a time...

isnt it like 12 oz or so of beer, the others vary....but whether people only have one beer is another story.

lol, you are crazy if you think most Americans will see the loosening of drug laws as "real change." I think the majority of Americans don't really give a shit - I'm sure it's way low on their list of concerns after things like jobs and health care - plus the religious right will have a field day with it. Conclusion: legalizing any drugs would probably have a net negative effect on Obama's popularity.

Most Americans don't give a shit cause most Americans don't know the information to give a shit. When you look at all the money thats essentially been wasted over the past 40 years by a program that was started by the GOP, its going to be extremely hypocritical for the Republicans to be able to debate against it. I believe the truth is infectious and that in this age of the internet, people will wake up to the retarded reality which is the war on drugs.

Just you watch...

I guess it is subjective but I'm trying to say lsd is more powerful in effects.

See that's a perfectly worded statement. It certainly is more powerful in its effect, but it is not "more fucked up". I guarantee that if you look at statistics, you will find many more fucked up, negative acts attributed to alcohol than LSD.

I'm surprised this hasn't been posted in here yet:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vX1CvW38cHA

Archived