IGNORED

Fred McGriff

• Replies 757
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Fishtank

About the RedLetterMedia review

I'm really surprised he didn't mention how they literally connected to nature.

I think that part could have been left out of the movie.

I also think they could have dialed the saturation of the colors back to make more realistic earthy tones.

I also think they could have dialed the saturation of the colors back to make more realistic earthy tones.

i thought that was the most creative part of the movie, if poorly implemented. they could've made it more than just a weird religious connection and a "tree of souls" or whatever.

Guest Fishtank

i thought that was the most creative part of the movie, if poorly implemented. they could've made it more than just a weird religious connection and a "tree of souls" or whatever.

I think because it had little bearing on the plot (especially since the military was keen to do what they please) they could have made it more subtle, or an invisible/mental bond with nature

I love the Plinkett reviews. Best reviewer out there I think, as much as he's made this homicidal lunatic character, it doesn't get boring due to the reviews being so well done. He really takes the films apart intelligently.

I still haven't seen Avatar.

Is it weird that I'm this unenthused to see it? Also, James Cameron is one ugly cunt. He looks like a fucking alien. And I don't mean a H R Giger alien.

• 3 weeks later...

I love the Plinkett reviews. Best reviewer out there I think, as much as he's made this homicidal lunatic character, it doesn't get boring due to the reviews being so well done. He really takes the films apart intelligently.

I still haven't seen Avatar.

Is it weird that I'm this unenthused to see it? Also, James Cameron is one ugly cunt. He looks like a fucking alien. And I don't mean a H R Giger alien.

You're not going to see it. So, do us all a favor (who care) and stop talking about it.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Gary C

Actually enjoying this. Probably because he hasn't spoken about Avatar yet (halfway).

Very good. Little to no mention of Avatar, just a good talk on his deep-sea expeditions and how they helped changed his idea of the world, science and cinema.

Q: What is the state of the film industry for filmmakers like yourself?

Steven Spielberg: The state of the industry, I’m very unqualified to talk about the state of the industry right now. It’s the wrong forum anyway to get into the state of the industry but thank goodness for Avatar. Thank goodness for Avatar.

Q: Has that challenged you to try new things in your upcoming films?

Steven Spielberg: Thank goodness for Avatar. It is such an inspiration for all of us.

:snares:

Guest Backson

those who hate this with such passion and forced are reading from a stereotypical script as much as those who love the movie are.

hating on something as popular as avatar and repeatedly voicing their opinion, are placing themselves above the mindless plebs who enjoy it and from that get a feeling of smug superiority.

calling something shit, crap or bad and leave it at that is hardly debating is it? nothing wrong in voicing your opinions once, whatever they may be, but to keep on repeating it and adding nothing of value is pointless or to keep repeating the same old things that have already been mentioned ad nauseum all over the net is fruitless.

you did not like it, for reasons X, fine. but move one.

you can always debate even subjective things, such as art, it's not above criticism. but then both parties need to add more substance and motivate their respective stances.

Archived