IGNORED

Plannin a trip

TechDiff

Awesome!!

Cheers Assymetrical head! Let's just hope no one minds out of the blue PMs =D

@Wallbird, Thats a really good suggestion, I think thats kinda going along the route I was putting together in my mind, and cheers for the advice about the freeways, duely noted! Arizona is definate for me, so much stuff there I'd love to see! Im prolly gonna give Florida a miss since I've been there a couple times before, really enjoyed myself, but really wanna see something I've not seen before...

And cheers JohnTqs. Vermont does look fukin stunning, and could be on the way i think. If you have any contact details for people, please chuck em in a PM or something. I think we'll be there before fall tho, which is a bit of a shame..

How easy is it to rent a car over there, what kinda details/insurance/liscense do you need, and is it expencive? I think it could be aqwesome! The (maybe cliche) image of hiring an open top and charging down long-ass desert roads is very alluring, the classic raod trip scenario! I guess if you're gonna do something, do it properly! Now where's my Acapulco shirt?

Guest Masonic Boom

Trains are, admittedly, not the way to go if you're looking to travel quickly - or if you view the destination as the holiday rather than the journey.

However, as a way of being able to kick back and see some stunning scenery and LET SOMEONE ELSE DRIVE (I don't think that anyone from Europe can really comprehend the distances involved in the States until you've experienced them. It's not like a nice little 3, 4 hour drive. Americans will think nothing of driving 8, 10 hours at a stretch. I could not do that. I find driving a car a hell of a lot more boring than riding a train as you can't nap, read a book, draw, take pictures while driving, all of which you can do on a train)

Granted, you have to enjoy trains and train journeys. Which I do. The scheduling and delays were NOT any worse than your typical UK long distance journey.

You can get a two week or a month pass if you have a European pass - I have no idea what they cost these days, as I did it in the late 80s and again the 90s. At that point, you could do as much travel as you could fit in. The only catch was scheduling - oh, and also you had to pay an additional fee to upgrade to a sleeper. (You can sleep in an Amtrak seat for one night OK, but for the 3+ day trips, you really want your own bed.)

Tips: take your own food and your own booze.

Get off at every station stop to experience local flavour. Local stations vary immensely, especially out west.

Do plan at least 2-day city stops between long train journeys.

last time I was on a train I hung out and made out with a pretty girl I met on the train.

It was excellent. But yeah, full on cross country trains would be so boring. Rent a nice car.Plus, trains only go through the worst parts of cities

You get large cities, for sure NYC, maybe Boston, you mentioned Toronto which is brilliant, and NEVER count out Chicago (one of the cleanest, friendliest cities on earth),

chicago is the third most dangerous city in the united states lol.

You get large cities, for sure NYC, maybe Boston, you mentioned Toronto which is brilliant, and NEVER count out Chicago (one of the cleanest, friendliest cities on earth),

chicago is the third most dangerous city in the united states lol.

yeah i don't know where he was getting his info. chicago clean? no. friendly? MAYBE. That said I love Chicago.

Guest JohnTqs

And cheers JohnTqs. Vermont does look fukin stunning, and could be on the way i think. If you have any contact details for people, please chuck em in a PM or something. I think we'll be there before fall tho, which is a bit of a shame..

awesome dude! but i'm a little confused - what do you mean by contact details for people? the venues you could possibly play at?

Ah sorry if I being unclear, happens a lot Im afraid.

So over here you get different party organisers, they book the venue, arrange the line up and so on. These are the people I need to get in touch with really. For example here in Brighton theres a few different organisers, one lot called the regime, there's Wrong music, Erisian and so on. Basically they hire out the venue and arrange the night, line up and everything and they make their money from people paying to get in.

Im sure it's the same kinda deal there too, so the explination above will probably seem daft =D but ah well.

@soapscum, Nothing 100% confirmed in NYC yet, but waiting to hear for confirmation. Line up "could" be immense tho, dont wanna jinx it! As soon as dates are solid, I'll post em up in here for anyone interested =D

If Chicago is the 3rd most dangerous, where is the first? I remeber hearing it was Washington, but perhaps thats my gullabilty again =D

• 5 months later...

hey hey ooaatemm

Just a wee reminder, after a few hic-ups, ummin and aahing. Sam and I have decided to fully launch ouselves into this, and everything is well fkn go!

We both just finished the luverly polishing touches to some promo packages, full of wonderful live recordings and the like. Send me a message or just reply here if you're interested in getting some.

Just finished arranging stuff with some great people over there to help with bookings and the like too, full details will follow shortly for that.

So we're looking at flying over Early october, starting in Boston, and we'll head Westwards from there, possible dates are starting to come up, so when things get confirmed, Ill post em up on here. Route will kinda form bassed on that.

Again, if anyones up for putting us on for a show, or just for meeting up and having a jam or whatever, lemme know.

Super fkn excited about this, cant wait to meet some cool people, see some new places, and hopefully play a bunch of awesome shows!

Guest Helper ET

super kool duder im over here in Jackson not far from you, party al day long you know? ima just here playin da game in and out you know % ua sp thats the shit whats up with you not a lot goins ons overs heres justs a lots ofs asesflying round these darn parts...

super kool duder im over here in Jackson not far from you, party al day long you know? ima just here playin da game in and out you know % ua sp thats the shit whats up with you not a lot goins ons overs heres justs a lots ofs asesflying round these darn parts...

i would try to hit NYC, Chicago and the grand canyon. but like it has been said, this country is huge and you are not going to get to see it all. maybe focus on 2 areas? northeast and northwest?

Guest Helper ET

if you are going to hit the west coast, i would say definitely stop thru San Francisco. plenty of open minded people and clubs willing to play shows, legal weed, and an ass load of great restaurants.

Yeah NYC is on the list, quite a few people there who can help out i think =D Chicago would be nice, but that all depends on making some conatcs there, Im sure its possible tho.

Really the plan will be dictated by what we can organise before we get there. obviously neither of us are adverse to being a bit touristy, but that said, nothing i enjoy more than a disgusting hardcore tour diary =D Although, I do kinda wanna make a side trip to Akron Ohio, bit of a pilgramage =D

Youre right tho, definately, Chances are that we're gonna be spending a bit of time on the East, and a bit of time on the West, and probably not much in the middle, its too great an expanse to do any other way, and at the moment thats how the dates are looking.

• 4 weeks later...

Just a weee update

First few confirmed shows are confirmed =D

So far, they is

2nd Oct: Boston

26th Oct: San Francisco

5th Nov: New York

6th Nov: Pittsburgh

13th Nov: Toronto

Would be really cool to get some more things lined up on the east coast at the start of October. I havent booked my flight across the country yet. Holding out for a little bit, just to see what else i can line up in that month. Also waiting to figure a couple dates in Canada, will put em up when everything is confirmed.

Ooh, uploaded a mix set from a recent gig in Vienna, for anyone that fancies a listen..

Its more of the hardcore/breakcore variety, will upload a set of the slower stuff soon also.

Really getting excited about this now, not so far away. Cant wait to meet up with a bunch of you guys also, should be awesome!!

Archived