IGNORED

I Am Posting From LAX!

Joyrex

If any of you care or wonder why I am in LAX (Los Angeles International Airport), I'm on my way to my Mother's house to help her move back to Texas with me - she's getting on in years, and really needs someone around to help her with things. I figure since she took care of me when I was little, it's the least I can do in return.

I've got a 2 hour layover before flying into Sacramento, and then a half-hour drive from the airport to Mom's house. So, thanks to the wonders of my work laptop and free internet provided by work, I am able to WATMM remotely. Wheee.

Gonna move as soon as the PSP is charged, and go find some food (airport food, ugh), but surprisingly, LAX is rather quiet and calm tonight compared to other times I've been here (a long, long, time ago).

Anyways, will check out some threads, have some (hopefully) lols, and perhaps approve some new memberships while I'm at it.

Yeah, it's pretty fucking boring.

welcome. enjoy the los angeles 'winter' for the time being. get an i <3 los angeles shirt at the airport gift shop and trip a stranger as he's running to his terminal.

Guest Lube Saibot

Why do you capitalize "mother"? Is that common in the US?

also

Wouldn't you agree that it's redundant to explain the reasoning behind helping your mother?

I'm not trying to be a cunt, i'm bored as well and these two things struck me as odd.

i was in LAX for a 3 hour layover in 1996. It was really sunny, and you couldn't smoke anywhere.

My favorite aiports are all in Asia.

Kansai, Incheon and Singapore, in no particular order.

Guest the anonymous forumite

My favorite aiports are all in Asia.

Kansai, Incheon and Singapore, in no particular order.

Kuala Lumpur airport rules my world. Have you been there ? World-class architecture. Those huge windows and those lights on the ceiling...pfff. Would go to malaysia just to experience that airport again.

I love Kansai because it's got loads of grass where you can go walking when you've nothing else to do. I was there for almost 10 hours and walked around the whole island.

Singapore for the shopping and services, and for not caring when two friends and I drank 2 bottles of gin in the airport.

Incheon for the architecture

Incheon_Airport.JPG

incheon_airport.jpg

2390122785_540b9cdaa6_b.jpg

But KL airport looks pretty sweet, never been to Malaysia, on the list though :)

props for taking in your mum like that. hopefully i'm a long way off having to worry about that sort of thing, but i'm not sure i could do it. i'd obviously make sure she was well looked after but in my own place? dunno about that. i'm fairly sure she wouldn't want to impose and be happy with sheltered accomodation or something.

Archived