IGNORED

Are there closet IDM fans?

Guest Fishtank

Guest ms-dos

i got into this conversation with a bag of potatos at the supermarket and i put my headphones on a potato and played autechre and the potato loved it

"autechre's music as experienced by a potato"

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Man: "Are you unhappy?"

Woman: "I'm happy as I've ever been... I'm not happy, I'm not happy at all really... Oh I'm so sad, I'm.. not happy. Im so fat, I don't feel very pretty, I really don't."

Man: "You know a lot about IDM?"

Woman: "Oh, I live for IDM. It's great. Just lately I...freaked out... on IDM. I freaked out very very badly. No, I don't think I'll ever listen to IDM again. Before I thought that was the best thing in the world. I never want it again... Never IDM again"

Never IDM again

Never IDM again

(IDM again)

Never IDM again (again, again, again)

(IDM again)

(I did that, did, that, did that,)

Never IDM again (I did that)(IDM again)

Never IDM again (IDM again)

I never really use the "IDM" term unless its in discussion with people already knowledgeable of it....I find it much more interesting to introduce new stuff to people and see how they would define it.

I don't poopoo non IDM listeners as the tasteless nouveau bourgeois, but it does annoy me when people listen to it and say things like "This is repetitive", "This doesn't make any sense", "These noises are really weird and horrible"....and then they put on the pasteurized pop versions of it and absolutely adore it.

Guest Gary C

My friends and I don't talk about (or listen to) IDM anymore, and we're better people because of it.

I did actually get into a conversation with a randomer about it a few months ago, but we both just sort of gave up because we were boring each other. LOL.

Guest MaxChewie

Down here if you listen to electronic music you're automatically a shallow douchebag, which is true for the most part, since those who listen to it only does it because it makes them feel superior to the "negros" who listen to reaguetton and cumbia, i learned that when i tell people abut my musical tastes i get these reactions:

-i fucking love electronica! tiesto is a god! trance for life!

or

-that's not real music! all songs sound the same! it takes no talent to make that! only flogguers listen to that shit!

so yeah, is impossible to start a conversation about electronic music, more so IDM, i even tried to convert my best friend, but it backfired because the only genre he listens now is hardstyle :facepalm:

I used to listen to IDM, but then I realized I had just been driven to it by my subconscious desire to make myself look smarter than everyone around me.

I used to play sports, but then I realized I was just doing it to show off in front of fat people, and make them feel bad about their bodies.

I used to take math classes, but then I realized that I was desperately trying to impress everyone with my knowledge.

Now I have seen the light.

Guest ms-dos

I used to listen to IDM, but then I realized I had just been driven to it by my subconscious desire to make myself look smarter than everyone around me.

I used to play sports, but then I realized I was just doing it to show off in front of fat people, and make them feel bad about their bodies.

I used to take math classes, but then I realized that I was desperately trying to impress everyone with my knowledge.

Now I have seen the light.

lol

Man: "Are you unhappy?"

Woman: "I'm happy as I've ever been... I'm not happy, I'm not happy at all really... Oh I'm so sad, I'm.. not happy. Im so fat, I don't feel very pretty, I really don't."

Man: "You know a lot about IDM?"

Woman: "Oh, I live for IDM. It's great. Just lately I...freaked out... on IDM. I freaked out very very badly. No, I don't think I'll ever listen to IDM again. Before I thought that was the best thing in the world. I never want it again... Never IDM again"

Never IDM again

Never IDM again

(IDM again)

Never IDM again (again, again, again)

(IDM again)

(I did that, did, that, did that,)

Never IDM again (I did that)(IDM again)

Never IDM again (IDM again)

LOL

yeah you've just proven my point. stop assuming its any better than any other music.

or assume away.

I assumed nothing. You are assuming that sports are better than not playing sports, and that math is the superior discipline. I wouldn't say that either of those things are true.

i dont really hear any tiesto love, what i dont get is deadmau5. the guy has no groove, i dont understand how he's become so popular.

i gotta say, i cant stand the majority of his work, but Ghosts n' Stuff is a proper stomper. Truth.

i have horrendous memories of a watching him play a set that was essentially all of his songs back to back on a winamp playlist to a 2000 thousand strong crowd of coked up scallies at nation in liverpool about a year back.

i first heard that track at a party in bmore....i initially thought it was some incredibly polished Daft Punk-Justice collab...the guy seemed surprised that I had never heard of Deadmaus...i later checked out his other material and didnt really care for it...though i thought the BOC ripoff was decent enough.

Archived