IGNORED

LEAST favorite aphex track?

CalumVaughan

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Don't hate any of them.

Don't listen to a few though.

This thread made me put on Ventolin E.P. while taking a hoof of ventolin.

Ventolin: √ .

Jesus fucking christ Troon, if you hate the Box Energy remix you fail at everything.

no. it's the untitled track number three that i dislike. have a listen to this clip.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O22ha2gzEm0

'Bonus High Frequency Sounds' isn't actually meant to be listened to anyway, it's a data track with an image in it.

thx, i did not know this.

LOL sorry about that. I need to learn to read. I'm an idiot.

Guest PWSTEAL

Actually I'm going to have to say Come to Daddy (Mummy Mix). The EP would've been perfect without it (imo)

0_0, How can you dislike that track? To be honest, for the longest time, Come To Daddy (Mummy Mix) has been my favorite track off of the EP. It's pure genius.

Karlheinz Stockhausen commented:

“I heard the piece Aphex Twin of Richard James carefully: I think it would be very helpful

if he listens to my work "Song of the Youth," which is electronic music, and a young boy's

voice singing with himself. Because he would then immediately stop with all these

post-African repetitions, and he would look for changing tempi and changing

rhythms, and he would not allow to repeat any rhythm if it [was] varied to some

extent and if it did not have a direction in its sequence of variations.[37] ”

Richard responded:

"I thought he should listen to a couple of tracks of

mine: 'Didgeridoo,' then he'd stop making abstract, random patterns

you can't dance to".

:wacko:

Come to Daddy (Mummy Mix) imo is quite an amazing trac btw

that third track was cool, kinda industrial in a way. reminds me of Throbbing Gristle :emotawesomepm9:

I'm not sure what my least favourite Aphex track is.. I like pretty much all of it that I've heard.

• 2 months later...
Guest Masonic Boom

Fantasia

The rest of the album is pretty good.

CRAZY TALK!!!!

"Ooh, ooh, that's great! Yeah!" squeeak SQUAWK flub flub WEEEEEEEEEEE

repeat x200

I'm tempted to say "Cornish Acid" but there are actually tracks I dislike more. Maybe.

Guest Masonic Boom

It's not even just the sample on Fantasia that's so great. It's the weird squeaky in-need-of-oiling machine noises that sound like a robot having a nervous breakdown.

Guest bacteriatastic

Least favorite as compared to popular opinion is Windowlicker. Never understood what was so amazing about that one.

the samples/vocals/samples of vocals

^And it's pretty catchy. For a nonsense string of vowel samples, "lala la laah la la lala laaa" holds pretty well as an earworm against most lyrical songs.

As for songs I don't care for, I forget what I posted before, but disregarding anything that's probably really old or an obvious joke track, I'm going to say Donkey Rhubarb.

Guest Rabid

Least favorite as compared to popular opinion is Windowlicker. Never understood what was so amazing about that one.

It's an extremely well produced track. Try listening with a quality sound system at earsplitting volume. At the very least you've got to love it just for the ending!

As for songs I don't care for, I forget what I posted before, but disregarding anything that's probably really old or an obvious joke track, I'm going to say Donkey Rhubarb.

I happen to love this one. So distinctive.

Guest Masonic Boom

Sorry, I'm in the "Windowlicker is kinda overrated" camp. Or if not overrated, at least overplayed.

Yes, it's a fantastic track, especially if it catches you unawares, but it's nowhere near his best work.

Guest Masonic Boom

See, I guess now I understand how you all feel about my Cornish Acid dislike. Because so many of the tracks listed here are so amazing! (just goes to show that even Aphex "shit" >>>>>>>>>>>> most other music)

Tamphex just makes me laugh every time. It's such a weird sample, such an odd sound - I love the idea of menstruation triggering time travel, it's just *such* a weird advert and the way he picked that one snippet out of it to make it sound even conceptually stranger.

Also, I invariably end up headbanging and shouting TAMPAX! TAMPAX! TAMPAX!!! when the break comes in.

Archived