IGNORED

That Wikileaks video

Macca

Guest we_kill_soapscum

this is really horrible. i try really hard not to judge undereducated teenagers put into a terrifying situation they don't understand. but yea there seems to be a real undercurrent of just raw murderous fun to this. i mean i can understand why some guy from idaho or the bronx with no job options would join the army. but why would you volunteer for the shooting civilians with a huge gun from a helicopter job you sick fucks. ugh nevrmind i dunno

• Replies 251
  • Created
  • Last Reply

games like modern warfare are priming young minds to fight in mindless and useless wars. i wouldn't be surprised to see predator drones and any future remote killing machines be controlled by pad controllers.

games like modern warfare are priming young minds to fight in mindless and useless wars. i wouldn't be surprised to see predator drones and any future remote killing machines be controlled by pad controllers.

I don't think is fair to blame video games for this type of behavior.

playing games won't make you a cold-blood killer , not every clod-blood killer plays video games.

exactly right

edit: I wonder if there are any military authorities who provide funding for such war games? > to bring in more uneducated minds for recruitment?

army_xbox360.jpg

exactly right

edit: I wonder if there are any military authorities who provide funding for such war games? > to bring in more uneducated minds for recruitment?

I'm damn sure I remember reading an article where some army guy had rigged a bomb disposal bot of sort to be controlled with an Xbox controller so I have no doubts about that imo

It makes sense, war is a damaging and hurtful thing for everyone involved, a great way to shield your soldiers psyche is to train them with that mentality of detachment so they can carry out such feats of destruction "War as the ultimate videogame"

It reminds me of the soldier that went around a war with his camera and using that to separate him from the reality he was surrounded by, yet when he came across a field of dying and wounded horses his camera "broke" and he never saw things the same ever again.

Apply this to that black and white trigger ran view you see in the helicopter.

PS: I just saw that picture Data posted above me! its just the one I remember hearing about! :D

playing games won't make you a cold-blood killer , not every clod-blood killer plays video games.

other than mindless fun, these games have no point to them

not everyone's brain is the same e.g. some people react to things differently when it comes to the influence of anything on the human mind such as video games, movies etc..

exactly right

yes

other than mindless fun, these games have no point to them

I totally agree. I guess it depends what type of personality you have. Video games may trigger shit like that is you have a "Ted Bundy" kind of brain .

Apparently , the US army is looking for video gamers to test new technology

ArmyDARWARS_wideweb__470x294,0.jpg

Guest ezkerraldean

i don't really see what the fuss is about to be honest. even the most well-meaning military force will occasionally misidentify people, or have members of their force who will lose it under pressure and kill people they shouldn't. that's war, you bunch of pussies. just thank your preferred deity for not letting such things happen in your community, innit

i don't really see what the fuss is about to be honest. even the most well-meaning military force will occasionally misidentify people, or have members of their force who will lose it under pressure and kill people they shouldn't. that's war, you bunch of pussies. just thank your preferred deity for not letting such things happen in your community, innit

Yeah , I guess those kids MURDERED on that video were a danger to our communities.

do you support the Iraq war?

Guest we_kill_soapscum

yr a pretty edgy guy. yr right on the edge of the edge. the razor's edge.

edge.jpg

Guest Blanket Fort Collapse

Yeah , I guess those kids MURDERED on that video were a danger to our communities.

.... dood it was purty fucking obvious they were not insurgents, the way they were talking they were so trigger happy, it wasn't like they were in danger, yet they wanted to kill them as quickly as possible without a care in the world. they literally were talking like they just wanted to get ass many kills as possible to rank up and get the trigger happy achievement perk.

it was fuct

i don't get why people still call this a war. for war, don't you need to have two opposing armies? this is practically an occupation.

i don't get why people still call this a war. for war, don't you need to have two opposing armies? this is practically an occupation.

i don't know...uhm... maybe it's because uh, people die on an almost daily basis. perhaps in a world where bugs bunny actually lives a war is only a war when there's 2 opposing armies. hmmm Shiites, Kurds, some other ethnical/religious groups i don't know.

good to see there's many people around here who are so well versed at the art of war without ever having been in one. amazing. perhaps i should play doom more often, so i can have an opinion as well.

Guest ezkerraldean

no i'm certainly not a fan of the "war"/whatever, innit. what the video shows is undeniably pretty dodgy but shit like that would still happen even if it was a truly just operation, i thought that would be obvious. dodgy shit might happen but it's not like shameless civilian massacres are deliberately perpetrated daily by allied forces in iraq, is it?

no i'm certainly not a fan of the "war"/whatever, innit. what the video shows is undeniably pretty dodgy but shit like that would still happen even if it was a truly just operation, i thought that would be obvious. dodgy shit might happen but it's not like shameless civilian massacres are deliberately perpetrated daily by allied forces in iraq, is it?

are you satisfied with the actions the military took in the video then? + do you support the Iraq war?

Guest we_kill_soapscum

intention is hardly the point tho right? i mean if someone shot yr dad from a helicopter would you care about their intention?

Archived