IGNORED

Scientists teach a gorilla that it will eventually die

Dragon

http://www.theonion.com/video/scientists-successfully-teach-gorilla-it-will-die,17165/

Copy and paste the URL, it won't show properly on here.

WTF? :ohmy:

didn't someone else make a thread a while ago linking to the onion thinking it was real?

dragon, no excusing your way out of this one. if you knew it was fake all along you would have said so in your first post.

At the end of the video it makes it pretty obvious that it's fake. I didn't want to say that in the first post because I didn't want to ruin it for the people watching it, you're supposed to think that it's real at first.

It's obviously not real, but it is pretty funny.

Still, I wonder if it really is possible to do this...

The only success that's come from teaching chimps and bonobos sign language comes when we start when their babies, and we treat them like human babies. It's contested that they've ever learned sign language, but it's uncontested that they've learned a language that involves pointing at pictures in a particular order, and they've been able to learn a syntax involved with the language.

one thing about this sort of humor is I'm absolutely certain it does not translate to Chinese culture at all.

Wow, I never thought of that. Japanese people must be severely confused by this site.

Guest 277: 930-933

it's funny cause, we human beings can't quite grasp the concept of death ourselves innit.

Seems pretty straightforward to me?

Archived