IGNORED

Starcraft 2 to be released

Guest JW Modestburns

Played SC2 for the last 6 hours. My eyes are on fire and I wish my computer sucked infinitely less and actually had some sort of decent graphics card. Fucking integrated bullshit.

I was wondering about integrated graphics cards - you on a GMA950 or similar? is it unplayably slow or alright?

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

these days you can get an nvidia 9 series for $20-40USD that will destroy any onboard video card. sure it won't play sc2 at highest settings, but really anything is better than shared memory on an onboard video card :facepalm:

sc2 so far has been excellent. and the true added bonus is you can slander all your WoW playing friends while they are in-game. win.

I have totally missed this SC craze. What made the first SC so great that people have died playing it? What made it so special from all the other RTS of the time?

Ive played a lot of RTS games in my day, but starcraft has a certain level of balance and complexity that is hard to achieve in such games. Add to that a very cool story, awesome cinematics, great art/graphics, and battle net. There was never a game that could do this kind of gameplay better than starcraft

I have totally missed this SC craze. What made the first SC so great that people have died playing it? What made it so special from all the other RTS of the time?

Ive played a lot of RTS games in my day, but starcraft has a certain level of balance and complexity that is hard to achieve in such games. Add to that a very cool story, awesome cinematics, great art/graphics, and battle net. There was never a game that could do this kind of gameplay better than starcraft

nuclear launch detected

gah i'm so upset that i can't play this nowwww. may end up selling my soul so that i can afford new video card, ram, and power supply. fuck maybe i should just get a new computer.

i don't think it really need that much power. and even then, it looks pretty good on low quality settings, some people actually preffer it on low.

some girls also like it when you dont have a penis

these days you can get an nvidia 9 series for $20-40USD that will destroy any onboard video card. sure it won't play sc2 at highest settings, but really anything is better than shared memory on an onboard video card :facepalm:

sc2 so far has been excellent. and the true added bonus is you can slander all your WoW playing friends while they are in-game. win.

btw I have a macbook so new graphics cards are not really an option

Played SC2 for the last 6 hours. My eyes are on fire and I wish my computer sucked infinitely less and actually had some sort of decent graphics card. Fucking integrated bullshit.

I was wondering about integrated graphics cards - you on a GMA950 or similar? is it unplayably slow or alright?

GMA X3100. It's on the lowest possible settings and still plays a bit etchy.

Playing it now. So far very good.

Anyone on WATMM want a 1v1? =D

Macbook/any laptop is kind of hard to upgrade, otherwise I would in a fucking second man.

Guest Blanket Fort Collapse

hmmm reloaded just released a new crack for this, gotta try some skirmish's before I decide if I can budget buying this

Damn, Starcraft like owned a portion of my soul for a certain period in Jr. High... I just might have to try this one ( :dry: Damn you Blizzard!)

Also still probably more excited to play Diablo 3... Wonder when that will come out?

not so happy with the single player, don't like the story and don't like its mechanichs, feels like warcraft :P or some other fantasy game, but that didn't stop me from playing like 6 hours straight anyway. and also played one multiplayer 1v1 and won. so, good day.

Guest viscosity

trying to beat campaign first.. jumped into a multi game and we got wrecked. so I think i need a bit of practice

Guest Coalbucket PI

I'm tempted to give this a go, used to play the old one a bit years ago but I always sucked. Also the whole OSX 10.4.6 nvidia graphics card problem probably applies

Archived