IGNORED

why are all those stabbings/rampages of murder happening in china

vamos scorcho

Guest Babar

I actually find this whole story pretty funny. Killing one children in your basement is rather banal. But, hell killing 20 children, aged 4 is epic.

My theory is this. Too many people on this Earth. Probability for bad shit to happen.... HIGH.

Guest Babar

...as expected bad shit happens. As a result there is less people on earth, thus there is no problem anymore.

Bad shit doesn't happen.

Guest Z_B_Z

...as expected bad shit happens. As a result there is less people on earth, thus there is no problem anymore.

Bad shit doesn't happen.

why do i get the feeling that if there were only three people on the earth, two of them would end up killing each other.. maybe im just being pessimistic

Bad shit doesn't happen.

why do i get the feeling that if there were only three people on the earth, two of them would end up killing each other.. maybe im just being pessimistic

Well, two of them would fight, and the remaining two would fuck a lot.

Over a billion people crammed together in a strict and puritanical society, i'd be surprised if there wasn't somebody snapping and going postal everyday somewhere in China

there is less crime than in the past currently but at the same time much more news about it

so you get the impression it gets more

there is less crime than in the past currently but at the same time much more news about it

so you get the impression it gets more

yeah the media always gives that impression, they tend to fixate on reporting specific topics or type of crimes, whatever is currently hip to report on i guess

Sometimes I read the newspaper, I don't get through it all 'cause I get scared.

But most are the murders here are racist or secretarial. Polished people or catholic/protestant in the north.

Some absolute sicko killed two polish boys with a screwdriver for no reason. He was 17 when he did it and his father is up in court over some robbery.

Guest theSun

lets be honest here, has it ever been this completely fucked up and out of control on our planet (in the past 100-200-300 years?)

the only thing changed is the possible scope of authority for any given power. fuckedupedness has always been a key tenet of human society though. see - inquisition.

Over a billion people crammed together in a strict and puritanical society, i'd be surprised if there wasn't somebody snapping and going postal everyday somewhere in China

lol at thinking of china as a puritanical society.

we were just talking about this at work. i guess they do have a lot of copycat stuff there? who knows but the only thing more fucked up than slashing a bunch of children is pouring gasoline on yourself and lighting yourself on fire while holding 2 more children. wtf.

well not necessarily the people. after all the black market is thriving. but what choice do you have when you live in a country where nearly every film you want to see is only available on the black market, usually for the most absurd of reasons as it offended some officials' prudish sensibilities.

well not necessarily the people. after all the black market is thriving. but what choice do you have when you live in a country where nearly every film you want to see is only available on the black market, usually for the most absurd of reasons as it offended some officials' prudish sensibilities.

I've lived here for 4 years and feel freer than the US, though that's changing as China continues to imitate the West in an effort to "fit in" and make even more money.

I've lived here for 4 years and feel freer than the US, though that's changing as China continues to imitate the West in an effort to "fit in" and make even more money.

Pretty much this. Same thing happening in Seoul. Of course, as expats we get a different POV.

Anyhow, twiddelbot: important to remember that government does not equal society.

so the guy comes in with a knife and the teacher was probably all like "Herro, wercome to Shitty Wok may I take-a order pree?"

Pretty much this. Same thing happening in Seoul. Of course, as expats we get a different POV.

Anyhow, twiddelbot: important to remember that government does not equal society.

Absolutely no argument there...

I kind of wonder if some of the political trends we are seeing in Western countries continue, at some point in the future if China won't be one of the freer countries.

Archived