IGNORED

Underworld - Scribble

Guest margaret thatcher

an egg of solid shit.

but then again, i hated two months off the first time i heard that.

They used to be able to mutate cheesy elements into something special, but this sounds like they may have succumb to the generic bits swallowing them up.

doesn't sound anything like trance to me, and yeah i'm just hearing the dnb beat in the back.

had a friend hear who is kind of a new Underworld fan. she said she didn't think this sounded like them, and then they were just trying to appeal to record sales, so even new fans can hear it.

It's definitely commercial DnB wankage, but it's nowhere near as bad as half the really awful stuff (Pendulum, Chase & Status, etc.) Hopefully it'll open some new ears up to their older work.

Guest Greg Reason

I'm enjoying it for the time being. I see it as a reaction to Oblivion with Bells, which is quite a dark record. Obviously I think Oblivion is far better than this but I can see why they would want to go for such an up vibe thing after touring that for a few years.

Guest Conor74

Dunno. Bit underwhelming, but it's kinda growing on me. It's a bit on the twee side, but every now and again a bright bouncy feel good tune is good.

Guest Fishtank

The original version is much better

I think they're trying to appeal to a broader audience here

Yeah the vid itself is kind of cool.

It has an overwhelming sound of cheese for the most part, but I like the spoken vocals later on in the song...reminds me of what I liked about them long ago. But it just feels too mainstream trance for me, even if better.

I really shouldn't talk though, I haven't heard any of their albums since Everything, Everything.

I think this is a reaction to their last album. Oblivion With Bells was mostly very ambient/downtempo with slight classical touches and not very dancey after the first three tracks. It's actually my favourite Underworld record.

Guest Greg Reason

Rubbish. People will still love them. A few whiners on a forum isn't going to kill their career.

i'm sure there will be something good on the new album just by probability. i wasn't into pretty much the entire last record. they're due to put out something i like. last awesome offerings were the Riverruns.

This might be the cheesiest thing they've ever done but I absolutely love it, I can't stop listening to it. An extended version might work a bit better, and also don't forget that Two Months Off is by far the cheesiest thing off A Hundred Days off so this might not be representative of the rest of the album.

I'm hoping the rest of it is as melodic and happy as this though.

Guest raan

This might be the cheesiest thing they've ever done but I absolutely love it, I can't stop listening to it.

Same thing here.

Archived