IGNORED

Best Video Game Of This Generation?

Guest PWSTEAL

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Grizz

Gonna have to go with Little Big Planet with RoyJex here. I think it's starting a whole new era of console gaming, especially after seeing the new games trailer. Closely followed by TF2 & (haters gonna hate) MW2.

MW2 was the biggest let down of any game ever made. IW has gone to the dogs, and i think they've taken the franchise with them. EA/Dice is the next step with the big FPS games/

Guest Dirty Protest

I can't stop loving GTA IV!

The Ballad of Gay Tony is the pinnacle of the last 30 years.

Guest mafted

MW2 was the biggest let down of any game ever made. IW has gone to the dogs, and i think they've taken the franchise with them. EA/Dice is the next step with the big FPS games/

idk, id might be paving the way, again, with Rage.. can't wait for that one.

Aliens vs Predator could be a contender too.

Seriously, Rebellion and Sega :facepalm:

alien vs predator was a no brainer,just look at the last 2 AVP films, in fact just look at alien vs predator full-stop. the biggest franchise let down, what could of been so good.

idk, id might be paving the way, again, with Rage.. can't wait for that one.

also by the look of the new cod:black ops trailer COD has raised the bar to a new level of laughable arcade no-holds barred bullshit. but thats treyarch for you, but to give credit to them WAW was amazing compared to MW2 and waw wasnt all that good.

alien vs predator was a no brainer,just look at the last 2 AVP films, in fact just look at alien vs predator full-stop. the biggest franchise let down, what could of been so good.

yeah, the films were always gonna be bad. but the first batch of games weren't that bad. AvP could've been less picard worthy if the game wasn't so fucking buggy, and if they had the dedicated multiplayer servers as they had promised.

yeah, the films were always gonna be bad. but the first batch of games weren't that bad. AvP could've been less picard worthy if the game wasn't so fucking buggy, and if they had the dedicated multiplayer servers as they had promised.

I remember the AVP PC game which was good, well, from what I was told/saw anyway.. I never played it. But thinking about it, before that the only good Aliens/Predator game was Alien 3 for the megadrive

The Films were promising from the first trailers they put out, the vision of the predator being killed by millions of aliens was pretty awesome, but it was a 30 second flash back in the film, if they started again from the beginning, of how the rivalry became between the aliens and predators then I think they can re-boot the franchise to an exciting new level.

I remember the AVP PC game which was good, well, from what I was told/saw anyway.. I never played it. But thinking about it, before that the only good Aliens/Predator game was Alien 3 for the megadrive

The Films were promising from the first trailers they put out, the vision of the predator being killed by millions of aliens was pretty awesome, but it was a 30 second flash back in the film, if they started again from the beginning, of how the rivalry became between the aliens and predators then I think they can re-boot the franchise to an exciting new level.

i guess you didn't get chance to play the Atari Jaguar AvP game? for the time it was pretty awesome, and is still regarded as one of the best games on the platform. i remember Alien 3 for the megadrive...bald ripley running around and all that.

as for the films, i'm not even holding out much hope for the new Predators film

Guest PWSTEAL

Never played the Bioshock games. I must be missing out.

Yeah, I've never played Bioshock either, I always hear how it's so amazing.

I have the demo, and it didn't really grab me, but of course demo doesn't always do a game justice.

Bioforge > Bioshock hehehe

Anyway... the first original AvP game on the PC (I'm talking about the 1999 version) was really awesome. It had amazing ambiance, growing BEEP !! BEEP!! which made you shat in your pants

Anyway... the first original AvP game on the PC (I'm talking about the 1999 version) was really awesome. It had amazing ambiance, growing BEEP !! BEEP!! which made you shat in your pants

yep but the very latest game, Aliens vs. Predator, is a bit shit. like i said, if it weren't for the bugs and broken promises, it wouldn't be too bad a game.

pretty much all the newer games i'm liking are from small studios.. tho if HL2 counts as this generation, it's definitely one of my faves as well

i so much prefer the system shock games to their progeny, bioshock. i really wanted to like bioshock, got a long ways into the game, and yes the design was awesome.. but the plot and the continuous 4-5 recycled enemies just didn't.. grab me or surprise me. system shock 2 on the other hand had my heart thumping out of my chest. + some of the music in SS2 was amazing--ambient metallic drones, pieces of tuned metal making eerie melodic patterns. sweet stuff

didnt like bioshock one bit..

wow.

i don't rate it as highly as some, but i still thought it was pretty fucking impressive.

i think you're the first person i've ever encountered with a wholly negative take on the game.

Guest alky

didnt like bioshock one bit..

wow.

i don't rate it as highly as some, but i still thought it was pretty fucking impressive.

i think you're the first person i've ever encountered with a wholly negative take on the game.

the main things bioshock had going for it was the concept (awesome city under the ocean) and the 50s theme (the cool jazz music, the artistic direction, ie. the atmosphere). what you ended up getting was a series of rooms. the ocean and the city contained within it was nothing more than a superficial backdrop to look at through windows. i wanted to get out there and explore it, but no... not part of the game.

the graphics were awesome, however i kind of lost appreciation after a while. graphics don't make a game. there were *some* cool scenes (ie. the iced up area) but the game was short and i didn't find it particularly engrossing. for me, it falls over the same trap most single player first person shooters do, in that after a while it's just downright repetetive, travelling from room to room with barely any variation whatsoever in the artistic design. and yeah, i know there were lots of different ways to play the game with all the plasmids/weapons/etc, but seriously, once you find your niche way of doing things, you'll pretty much do that to see you through the entire game (at least, that's how i played both games).

i bought the sequel the day it came out and finished it in one sitting. whilst it was good, i haven't really had the desire to go back.

pretty much all the newer games i'm liking are from small studios.. tho if HL2 counts as this generation, it's definitely one of my faves as well

i so much prefer the system shock games to their progeny, bioshock. i really wanted to like bioshock, got a long ways into the game, and yes the design was awesome.. but the plot and the continuous 4-5 recycled enemies just didn't.. grab me or surprise me. system shock 2 on the other hand had my heart thumping out of my chest. + some of the music in SS2 was amazing--ambient metallic drones, pieces of tuned metal making eerie melodic patterns. sweet stuff

Eric and Terri Brosius (who did the sound/voice acting respectively for Looking Glass) will I think one day be acknowledged as two of the most talented people to work in the field. The sound design on every game they touched was just head and shoulders above everything else (Thief series, SS2...)

I felt much the same as you about Bioshock. Was basically a retread dressed up in new clothes, and Andrew Ryan (and the other dude) weren't nearly as charismatic as Shodan. Not a bad game but not groundbreaking. Also the "yes no" fade to black little sis harvesting was a total cop-out.

Archived