IGNORED

I bought an iPad

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I went to Best Buy tonight to buy an ipad most likely. The main reason was for the 3g internets everywhere but more importantly, reading books I have downloaded in bed. Upon getting to the computers section, i realized, you know, I don't really like to hold a laptop like a book. I much prefer "hands free" reading w/ a laptop in bed, angled the way I like it, with only occasional "page down" tapping. I went ahead and toyed around with one anyway. They are a lot smaller than I thought they were.

Anyway, for the price, I figured I could have a much better laptop (incl. multi touch) for a tad bit more $$$, w/ upgrade potential, and a keyboard/touchpad/stylus.

I bought a wii (my 2nd one, sold my 1st about 2 years ago), a cheapo flat screen (26") and Zelda twilight, and mario galaxy. I think I am much happier than I would have been realizing I had just bought "another computer" which is what was boring me earlier this evening in the first place.

edit: and I got all that for $600.

I went to Best Buy tonight to buy an ipad most likely. The main reason was for the 3g internets everywhere but more importantly, reading books I have downloaded in bed. Upon getting to the computers section, i realized, you know, I don't really like to hold a laptop like a book. I much prefer "hands free" reading w/ a laptop in bed, angled the way I like it, with only occasional "page down" tapping. I went ahead and toyed around with one anyway. They are a lot smaller than I thought they were.

Anyway, for the price, I figured I could have a much better laptop (incl. multi touch) for a tad bit more $$$, w/ upgrade potential, and a keyboard/touchpad/stylus.

I bought a wii (my 2nd one, sold my 1st about 2 years ago), a cheapo flat screen (26") and Zelda twilight, and mario galaxy. I think I am much happier than I would have been realizing I had just bought "another computer" which is what was boring me earlier this evening in the first place.

Why can't you just read real books in bed? :unsure:

I mean how can you read a friggin screen with backscreen light instead of just flipping real paper. How backwards technology sometimes manipulates us (ex: mp3 crappy quality)

Why can't you just read real books in bed? :unsure:

I mean how can you read a friggin screen with backscreen light instead of just flipping real paper. How backwards technology sometimes manipulates us (ex: mp3 crappy quality)

I do, however I read a lot of un-published "online" authors and it is a waste of apper for me to print them out and read once. Also I occasionally download books and enjoy reading the on a computer.

You can also select which ever wikipedia articles you

want and save them as PDFs. Good for when you are away from a connection and want to read up on various subjects.

Guest Adjective

any time i've spent with the ipad i've enjoyed

my hands are always slightly too moist for touchscreens though, makes my finger stick slightly. i was trying to play airhockey with someone and it was awkward to slide quickly. any pro tips?

any time i've spent with the ipad i've enjoyed

my hands are always slightly too moist for touchscreens though, makes my finger stick slightly. i was trying to play airhockey with someone and it was awkward to slide quickly. any pro tips?

lube

• 3 weeks later...
Guest ╒╩╦═&#95

Hi all,

not been around here for a while (cos it reminds me I haven't written any music for ages), but thought I'd spam you with an iPhone/iPad game I wrote called Hexius (http://www.phasiclabs.com/) ;)

Also, you should check out this : http://www.audiorealism.se/technobox/

I know it's an iPhone app, but it's much easier to use when 2x scaled on the iPad - hope they release a proper iPad version.

• 2 weeks later...

Dear Mr. Jobs ,

I recently acquired one of your creations (Ipad) , like many other weak minded people , i felt for the 4 and a half months of intense publicity , manipulations and in-your-face fucking ads. You promised me a magical device , well sir , instead i got the the biggest piece of shit product i ever held on my sweaty sticky hands , honestly , the Ipad is like being stuck in a deathly situation , and the only thing you got to save yourself is banana peal. The speakers on this gadget are awful , aphex twin sounds like shit in a blender. All the fucking apps are board games , wtf!!!!! , this is the future mr.jobs , if i want to play checkers i will got o the park and play with some old fuck who served 25 years in prison for molesting 10 year old girls

I sold my soul to Apple , i regret it , but i will get it back (10% Restoking fee)

Haters , you were right , i should have listen to you all.

Archived