IGNORED

I bought an iPad

it's nearly a hundred fucking megs iirc, and likes to install things like safari and quicktime without asking you. the last update was sixty megs.

foobar is about ten megs and doesn't install anything without asking you.

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

More importantly, where the hell is your avatar from?

av-4992.png

:wub:

I just googled "soccer" cuz it's football avatar month or somethin, right? lol

I'm getting tired of it tbh. PS Safari is excellent on this. Shame my iTunes is being a dick and not letting me manually manage my shit :wtf:

29260_1400647428240_1593955023_30923045_4737879_n.jpg

so yeah, HATE AND BICKERING!

:trashbear:

i want (though can't afford at the moment) one, though i'd want it much much more if it needn't be hooked up with iTunes. I mean right now, it is kind of a satellite / periphery device to your big ol' laptop or PC, which is a shame. For some reason, Apple is a bit slow with that cloud syncing business innit.

as a home netbook and itunes payer it's pretty wank but one part of me is saying the minute some very capable piece of music software comes out (Rebirth looking very tempting) it will be hard to resist for a multitouch screen alone although with windows touch is just around the corner I feel these things are either going to drop dramatically in price or it will become a tossy posers toy

I paid £550 back in 97 for an MC-303 when it came out so a touch screen groovebox for £430ish isn't all that bad.

anyhowz what the screen like with its responsiveness? Is it good enough to be a performance instrument or just a fancy control surface in which case how does it compare to a Jazzmutant?

rumour has it apple are working on some touch screen powerbook (why wouldn't they be) which will open a whole new world or dedicated music potential

anyhowz what the screen like with its responsiveness? Is it good enough to be a performance instrument or just a fancy control surface in which case how does it compare to a Jazzmutant?

the screen is great; the only qualms I have with it is that it's a bit grippy. It'll be interesting to see what it feels like once I've put a protector on. I think the iPad will be huge for music apps, a few great ones have been posted already in this thread, but drum machines especially will be huge. I look forward to getting the iPad version of Bloom (Brian Eno's generative music app). I had it for my old iPod touch but I think they could (and probably have) done a lot more with it with like controls knobs on one side and just tapping the melodies on the other side.

Time will tell. I'm hanging out for when they establish a good system for saving all my uni documents that doesn't require dumping them into iTunes first.

PS. It isn't THAT heavy ffs!

so with that new at&t pricing, if i do all my app updates and music downloading over my personal wifi, will they count that even though its not on 3g?

I want an iPad just to have the convenience of internets anywhere in the house without having to get up and go to the computer in the other room...

I want an iPad just to have the convenience of internets anywhere in the house without having to get up and go to the computer in the other room...

a very middle-class 21st century problem :emotawesomepm9:

I like my ipad. I have toucosc, which cost me 7 dollars and gives me 10 pages of fully customizable multitouch interfaces. That right there makes the price worth it.

Add on to that a drawing app that has inspired me to draw again... Having a sketchbook that you can save and recall ideas is great.

Then there is the music/video/Internet side of it, which is a given.

And then I have games, and utilities...

It's fun to use, it's extremely portable, there is a fucking electribe app on it (and rebirth!)!

I really fail to see why it sucks.

a very middle-class 21st century problem :emotawesomepm9:

for someone without a laptop, ipod or smartphone.

I like my ipad. I have toucosc, which cost me 7 dollars and gives me 10 pages of fully customizable multitouch interfaces. That right there makes the price worth it.

Add on to that a drawing app that has inspired me to draw again... Having a sketchbook that you can save and recall ideas is great.

Then there is the music/video/Internet side of it, which is a given.

And then I have games, and utilities...

It's fun to use, it's extremely portable, there is a fucking electribe app on it (and rebirth!)!

I really fail to see why it sucks.

Indeed sir!

word, I fooled around with one briefly and coming from an ipod touch it didn't really do anything for me. Sure, the screen is bigger and ehm it's well bulky.

Archived