IGNORED

I bought an iPad

I don't know why everyone has so many opinions about Apple products, you wouldn't see someone being called a fag for prefering Western Digital hard drives over Seagate hard drives

stock-photo-mature-businesswoman-pointing-up-a-senior-business-woman-is-pointing-upwards-isolated-over-white-20348626.jpg

"This."

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't know why everyone has so many opinions about Apple products, you wouldn't see someone being called a fag for prefering Western Digital hard drives over Seagate hard drives

stock-photo-mature-businesswoman-pointing-up-a-senior-business-woman-is-pointing-upwards-isolated-over-white-20348626.jpg

"This."

Wait, you bought a Western Digital HD? Then the thread is for you too.

Guest 277: 930-933

"This."

Clearly you've never visited Slashdot.

Guest Rambo

"This."

Clearly you've never visited Slashdot.

The haters are always in proportion to the fanboys (see radiohead and Arcade fire). If there were enough people who idolised Seagate harddrives you'd get some people on here who suddenly realised just how much they hate seagate and loved WD

I was just sort of messing. I don't really care if you have an iPad. I just wouldn't be able to find enough uses for it to warrant the massive price tag.

not to mention the lack of USB port, flash support and disc drive.

top it all off with apple's lust for total DRM control and you have some very rich executives profiting from the fact that no competition exists.

(not really sure who's to blame there)

aside from flash support, the other two technical shortcomings aren't really needed if you look at this as a large web-friendly product.

this isn't meant to be used as a full-fledged computer. still not sure why people think otherwise.

for an ebook reader/music and movie player/portable game device/SO MANY OTHER FUCKING FEATURES, it seems like it is (or will be even moreso) reasonably priced, and fun.

ffs, it looks fun!

edit: though i don't see myself getting one in the near future

top it all off with apple's lust for total DRM control and you have some very rich executives profiting from the fact that no competition exists.

aside from flash support, the other two technical shortcomings aren't really needed if you look at this as a large web-friendly product.

this isn't meant to be used as a full-fledged computer. still not sure why people think otherwise.

for an ebook reader/music and movie player/portable game device/SO MANY OTHER FUCKING FEATURES, it seems like it is (or will be even moreso) reasonably priced, and fun.

ffs, it looks fun!

I was like, wtf at this part. Why are people thinking its supposed to be a full-fledged computer?

'Cause it has the fucking price tag of one.

Guest Echo

FUCK WESTERN DIGITAL

SEAGATE OWNS

Guest Fishtank

if you like AT&T raping your asshole you'll love this

http://www.foxnews.com/scitech/2010/06/02/unlimited-att-unveils-new-data-plans/?test=latestnews

Subscribers who use little data or learn to limit their consumption will pay slightly less every month than they do now, while heavy users will be dinged with extra consumption fees.

One new plan will cost $25 per month and offer 2 gigabytes of data per month, which AT&T says will be enough for 98 percent of its smart phone customers. Additional gigabytes will cost $10 each.

A second plan will cost $15 per month for 200 megabytes of data, which AT&T says is enough for 65 percent of its smart phone customers. If they go over, they'll pay another $15 for 200 megabytes.

200MB? Oh teh lols.

EDIT: 2gb is an equal amount of lols.

when you consider the fact that ISPs say in general 5% of their customers take up 95% of their bandwidth, it makes sense.

when i renew my orange contract in october. i see myself reknewing with an iphone and *sigh* i dont want one, because i dont like apple/itunes ect;.. but there is no other 'good' phones out there (i dont want android either)..but i want a smart phone and every tech magazine i read wanks over the 3g iphone...:( im just hoping there is already 3rd party mp3 software for it..as itunes will kill me.

when i renew my orange contract in october. i see myself reknewing with an iphone and *sigh* i dont want one, because i dont like apple/itunes ect;.. but there is no other 'good' phones out there (i dont want android either)..but i want a smart phone and every tech magazine i read wanks over the 3g iphone...:( im just hoping there is already 3rd party mp3 software for it..as itunes will kill me.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nokia_N90

Guest Gary C

I got a HTC Desire on O2 because I didn't want an iPhone.

It's been great so far. A little confusing to use at first, as expected, and I'm still hoping I can delete a couple of bundled apps (Twitter mainly).

In fact, I just bought a Gameboy emulator and have just started a game on Pokemon Emerald.

ffs, it looks fun!

I was like, wtf at this part. Why are people thinking its supposed to be a full-fledged computer?

'Cause it has the fucking price tag of one.

not compared to apple computers, which makes me think you're complaining about how expensive apple products are in general?

answer: don't fucking buy one then, enjoy your eMachine or Dell or whatever

also worth noting: the amazon kindle was $400 when it first came out—by comparison, the ipad is cheap for what it is. unless you're looking for an actual computer, which means you're posting in the wrong thread

Archived