IGNORED

just bought a 40"

Guest weed

yeah get a ps3

if you like fan noises

The slim models are silent

Dynex is Best Buy's house brand, and typically not that great, unfortunately. However, if you enjoy the picture, then that's all that matters.

First off, if you have cable, you're going to have to upgrade to an HD cable box, one with component or an HDMI output (your new TV should have several of these HDMI inputs). They should supply you an HDMI cable, but you can get one pretty cheap online, or in certain electronics stores (Best Buy does NOT sell them cheaply - try a Fry's Electronics if you have one nearby. DO NOT pay more than 15 USD for a cable 6 feet or less. You will alos have to upgrade your cable package to have HD channels. Most SD channels will look like shit on a HDTV, even with an HDMI cable.

Your 360 (depending on how new/old it is) should also have an HDMI output, so if you want to get the best possible picture from it, plan on getting a HDMI cable for it too.

Your DVD player should upscale the image so it at least looks presentable on an HDTV (again, use an HDMI cable for the best possible picture; component (red blue green plugs) if it doesn't have an HDMI output. The only way you'll enjoy HD content on your 360 is by renting/buying HD movies from the online video store Microsoft offers as part of it's XBOX Live service. The 360 cannot play HD content on disc like Blu-Ray movies.

You can get a cheap Blu-Ray player for around 60-150 USD nowadays (in fact, there's a Dynex or Insignia brand one at Best Buy right now here

i thought insignia was BB's house brand

So is Dynex, or they have an exclusive contract with BB.

Guest El_Chemso

My 360 is the same on my TV, since the upgraded dash board its crap if I watch a DVD or stream something off the hard drive. If I do it from the computer its fine.

I lol'ed hard at the "I don't think its blu-ray compatible" bitches, what ya gonna do.

I lol'ed hard at the "I don't think its blu-ray compatible" bitches, what ya gonna do.

word up... bitches should stop worryin' bout blu-ray and stick to what they're meant to do... SUCK DICK!

I was going to post:

Why do you guys hate weed so much?

but then I read the rules.

Weed, make SURE you get some nice shielded HDMI cables for all video connections, Philips makes some nice ones which i use exclusively, and they go for around $10 for a 6ft. on amazon. don't pony up for Monster brands, these are just as good, but absolutely do NOT use the shit ones that cable companies, or Microsoft, or the manufacturer give you, there is a noticeable difference.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001RMB84C/ref=oss_product

You should also try to make sure the HDMI cable is version 1.3a or higher. Any decent cable manufacturer should note it on the box. (And do not pay Monster cable prices; they'll use some inflated ad-speak to charge you $100 more for 1.3a without just saying it's 1.3a.)

Any earlier version and you run the risk of sparkly artifacts/glitches and hitting the bandwidth limit of the cable (at the very least, earlier versions aren't going to be very future-proof).

You can pick some up ridiculously cheap at Fry's in CA, just make sure to check the version number, because they'll try to sell you some 1.2s or whatever for 2 bucks.

Weed, make SURE you get some nice shielded HDMI cables for all video connections, Philips makes some nice ones which i use exclusively, and they go for around $10 for a 6ft. on amazon. don't pony up for Monster brands, these are just as good, but absolutely do NOT use the shit ones that cable companies, or Microsoft, or the manufacturer give you, there is a noticeable difference.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001RMB84C/ref=oss_product

You're fucking evil. E. VIL. :emotawesomepm9:

Guest El_Chemso

word up... bitches should stop worryin' bout blu-ray and stick to what they're meant to do... SUCK DICK!

WORD my GR Brother!

i got a vga cable....viewing watmm 40" larger than i should

&ill just have to buy a hd dvd player, fuck you xbox

ps. deadmau5 posted a few remade versions of some of the worst mike&eoin songs.... really pissed me off. just fyi

I certainly wouldn't recommend buying a hd-dvd player, you'd be much better off getting a cheap blu-ray player.

• 4 weeks later...

i ended up taking the dynex back and spent a little more .. now im happy with my selection

i have a 40" samsung 1080p 120hz...shits really nice, even comes with a glass stand!! =)

girl, you made an excellent decision, have the same TV in my bedroom and it's ace. had to use it as my main for a month while repairing my other set, and satellite, Xbox and blu-ray all look excellent on that TV. bravo.

I certainly wouldn't recommend buying a hd-dvd player, you'd be much better off getting a cheap blu-ray player.

Considering the format's essentially dead now...

Guest Blanket Fort Collapse

dood you know no matter you say she was just being an idiot and didn't realize the difference between hd dvd and blu ray. You cant even buy an hd dvd player from stores anymore. So you don't have to point out she is an idiot (everyone non-noobzor knows that) and let the girl make some mistakes/learn on her own.

well I am truly sorry for not having read the rules, more specifically the weed addendum, thoroughly enough, I'll get right on it.

i was just being ignorant

the xbox has worked out so far....viewing netflix off of it until i can afford a ps3

fuck just getting a blue ray player...seriously ..

but yeah im stoked on my new choice of tv. totally worth the 800.

Guest Great Maker ShaiHulud

Unless you use headphoens a PS3 is a poor choice for blu ray-- they are so fucking noisy!

Archived