IGNORED

Google Extensions

Chris Moss Acid

I love chrome, but i feel this is going to the way of firefox. great and fast when its just the browser.. start adding extentions, its gonna slow shit down, and slow browsers arnt an option for me.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nfi5UCx6vTw&feature=player_embedded

the iris picture viewer looks neat, but i'd imagine it's a CPU eater!

thoughts?

Guest iamabe

I use dozens of extensions for chrome in OSX and Win7 and chrome still boots as fast as it did the day I installed it. :)

Never tried IRIS though

I had the cool iris viewer for firefox installed for a while, but hardly ever used it. Didn't find it to be a drain on the system really.

But yes, extensions will slow down the load time of the browser. I also hope that google thought to include the option to turn off autoupdate.

Guest Enter a new display name

You don't have to install extensions if you really want to reduce your CPU/RAM consumption, you know. The only Chrome extensions that slowed down browsing speed on my computer were Ad blockers, so I avoid them.

lol yeah I have 6 firefox add-ons. none of which are huge strains on the system resources. Interesting that the adblockers slowed down chrome noticeably for you.

Guest nene multiple assgasms

well, adblockers in chrome can't actually keep the ads from loading like in firefox.

well, adblockers in chrome can't actually keep the ads from loading like in firefox.

because then google would lose revenue...lol

but yeah that makes sense.

• 8 months later...

Archived