IGNORED

the things girls* say while watching football

keltoi

Guest ms-dos

different sport, but if your girl can comprehend baseball's infield fly rule, she's already separating from the rest of the competition

when watching an nfl game, my wife's comments tend to follow a pattern throughout the game, such as:

her: why does that guy have different shoes?

me: i don't know.

her: did you see the way he did that? that should be a penalty. I don't like that. he should get ejected from the game, that should be a penalty. Isn't that a penalty? Shouldn't that be a penalty?

me: i don't know.

her: how much time is left?

me: it's the second quarter. probably another hour and a half.

she get's up and calls her mother.

epic thread btw

my girlfriend is more into it than i am. which isn't saying much because i don't understand sport at all. and i don't understand this sudden interest in sport from fellow musicians/arty types.. is it some new hipster trend? is it just me or did we all hate sport several years ago?

instead of watching the australia vs. germany game the other night/morning i got nice and warm in bed with oversteps loud in headphones and half a tab of acid to keep me company, lol!

one thing i do like about world cup season though, is being able to say "did you see that ludicrous display last night?" all the time, zole

I think worse than girly babble is the guys who think that talking about football in a pub is a right and a duty and so make the most hollow obvious comments endlessly, like 'that was a great kick, I mean he really kicks it hard doesn't he that fella? ay? ooooh what a dive"

Maybe you should frequent more hetero pubs.

Obvious:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6EbPsK6shaQ

And Modey - you know at least that I've been into sports for a long time...

yeah you and chris moss are the only ones i remember being into football/sport in general, it seems like it's exploded throughout the 'indie' community lately though.

I think there are lots of sports fans in here it's just the world cup brings up a lot of excitement since it's every four years. People that don't ever even really watch soccer (USA) watch several games a week over a month.

my girlfriend is more into it than i am. which isn't saying much because i don't understand sport at all. and i don't understand this sudden interest in sport from fellow musicians/arty types.. is it some new hipster trend? is it just me or did we all hate sport several years ago?

word.

also lol @ the subtitle of this thread implying that girls are not stupid people

it was meant to imply that girls are all stupid and anyone else (men) saying silly things during football games would be encompassed by the term stupid people.

i see i need to tighten up my subtitle game. or maybe i made a triple entendre? :facepalm:

i think i discovered recently that keeping track of a few random statistics that i personally couldn't give a shit about is occasionally useful in social encounters with workmates

I guess I'm more like the women quoted in this thread when it comes to that game. So this is what we must be like to them when we talk about Autechre. Poor women.

one thing i do like about world cup season though, is being able to say "did you see that ludicrous display last night?" all the time, zole

Yeah, what was Wenger thinking sending Walcott on so early?

I guess I'm more like the women quoted in this thread when it comes to that game. So this is what we must be like to them when we talk about Autechre. Poor women.

the thing about arsenal, is they always try to walk it in.

the thing about arsenal, is they always try to walk it in.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4uoM6p7ueao

(for the people who dont know :>)

Archived