IGNORED

Portal 2

Guest ruiagnelo

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

my fantasy for this game is you finally escape from Aperture at the end, and right into the beginning of HL2: Episode 3. you could even import your character Mass Effect style although no real stats to speak of (as far as i know). maybe the tripods could all have the AI's voice, like she's been controlling them all along, lol.

Guest ruiagnelo

PS3 version, please :gamer:

Its possible. I read Valve are even thinking of a way of PC users playing with PS3/XBOX360.

Then they should also add a mouse and keyboard support to the consoles... I'm actually not that bad with a gamepad in 1st person game (for my standards anyway), but aiming is just easier when you can point at it with the mouse.

I wouldn't have gotten my hopes up for a console release, but the trend seems to be to include them (Crysis 2), so I got my fingers crossed (althoug I'll probably only be able to play this two years from now once the price is within my range)

Guest ruiagnelo

Then they should also add a mouse and keyboard support to the consoles... I'm actually not that bad with a gamepad in 1st person game (for my standards anyway), but aiming is just easier when you can point at it with the mouse.

I wouldn't have gotten my hopes up for a console release, but the trend seems to be to include them (Crysis 2), so I got my fingers crossed (althoug I'll probably only be able to play this two years from now once the price is within my range)

There are plenty of FPS games for consoles and people eventually adapt themselves to pointing. It's a matter of keep trying i guess.

Guest Pennywise

looks awesome. the only thing that is dodgy is the english speaking robot, whata crappy accent. lol, cant wait and it might even tie in to hl3 . looking at portal 2 makes me glad they are spending lots of time on new hl, its gonna be special guaranteed

Guest ruiagnelo

looks awesome. the only thing that is dodgy is the english speaking robot, whata crappy accent. lol, cant wait and it might even tie in to hl3 . looking at portal 2 makes me glad they are spending lots of time on new hl, its gonna be special guaranteed

I am too curious about the tie between HL and Portal too. If it exists tho.

portal 2 takes place 100 years in the future. so it is after the next half life game.

portal 2 takes place 'a long time' after the events of the first portal game. and what do you base your reasoning of the timeframe of the first game on? or are you just copypasta-ing baseless opinion?

the end of hl2:e2 sees gordan freemon setting off to a ship which used to be an aperture science test facility, before 'an incident'. there are boardrooms in portal concerning how aperture will gain market share over their nearest competitor, black mesa. 'still alive' references black mesa as well. so it's already been established that the two games happen in the same universe.

Guest ruiagnelo

I doubt they'll tie them up. It would be cool tho. they'll only do it if they find a great way to do it i think.

I think the opposite. I am almost sure they will do that, but i don't want it tho. I prefer to think they are separate universes. Keep the imagination alive.

the end of hl2:e2 sees gordan freemon setting off to a ship which used to be an aperture science test facility, before 'an incident'. there are boardrooms in portal concerning how aperture will gain market share over their nearest competitor, black mesa. 'still alive' references black mesa as well. so it's already been established that the two games happen in the same universe.

True that. That could explain why they are taking so long. And if they are actually connect the two universes, then they will take a long long time before we put our hands on it.

i have a hunch that portal 2 will provide the connective tissue between the portal and hl2 storylines which will facilitate hl2:e3.

or maybe i just want to see multiplayer gravity gun/portal gun action so bad that i'm trying to will it into existence.

Guest Pennywise

the portal gun in halflife would give us too much power,also it would be really complex for valve to make it work in a natural environment, portal was set in very cubic environments cos its probably easier to programme. lol with the portal gun you could just cane it through all the levels and complete it in 10 mins

portal 2 takes place 100 years in the future. so it is after the next half life game.

portal 2 takes place 'a long time' after the events of the first portal game. and what do you base your reasoning of the timeframe of the first game on? or are you just copypasta-ing baseless opinion?

http://n4g.com/news/487463/portal-2-game-informer-scans

Yeah exactly, I mean remember when you got the blue gravity gun? That thing was wayyyyyy overpowered but they utilized it well and that was one of the funnest parts of half-life 2, in my opinion.

Guest ruiagnelo

http://n4g.com/news/487463/portal-2-game-informer-scans

Those images are incredible. Portal 2 will be so complex and therefore interesting experience. I just hope it is looong with a lot of levels an big story, so it can last long.

Yeah exactly, I mean remember when you got the blue gravity gun? That thing was wayyyyyy overpowered but they utilized it well and that was one of the funnest parts of half-life 2, in my opinion.

even better: initial section of hl2:e1 where you're picking up combine troops and tossing them into hundreds-of-feet-deep chasms and shit.

Guest jubes

isn't this slated for sometime 2011?

nevertheless, excited

somwhere around the gran turismo 5 release date i.e. circa 1015

Guest ruiagnelo

isn't this slated for sometime 2011?

nevertheless, excited

somwhere around the gran turismo 5 release date i.e. circa 1015

I played the gran turismo 5 prologue in a shop some months ago and it is so amazing. To bad a pc version of the final game won't ever happen. I would trade it for Portal 2, no doubt about it.

amazing in what aspect? It fucking drives like a shitty arcade game. Everything is plastic-over-glossy. No damage. Stupidly small multiplayer (wtf we're in 2010, I can have 60+ car races in iRacing.com )

Guest ruiagnelo

amazing in what aspect? It fucking drives like a shitty arcade game. Everything is plastic-over-glossy. No damage. Stupidly small multiplayer (wtf we're in 2010, I can have 60+ car races in iRacing.com )

Man i know what a simulator is, i play gtr2 which is one of the best for me, if not the best.

But i can't deny that Gran Turismo has plenty of great qualities: the amount and highly detailed cars and tracks, faithful to the real models, the never ending events and cups you can enter, that enjoyable race feeling and specially the graphic quality, which in 5 is outstanding.

I can't say it's the best simulation game, because its far from being even a real simulator, but i love the feeling of the game and it always surprises me the amount of detail they put into it.

Archived