IGNORED

HIGH SCHOOLERS TALKING ABOUT MUSIC.

dr lopez

music from 1930 - 1970 needs to come back and replace what exists today.

Yesterday at 3:50pm · Comment · Like

3 people like this.

I second that. Actually some of the music then sucked just it wasn't so bad. Maybe we have a person who decides what comes and what goes. A committee maybe.

Yesterday at 5:04pm · Like

its 5000 times better than mostly everything thats popular now

Yesterday at 5:05pm · Like

True. Maybe we have to limit the songs from 1990 on so you can't have sucky songs. We should actually make this a reality. Be epic. Burn a home or two... What? I didn't say that. LIES!

Yesterday at 5:07pm · Like

50s and 60s were the best, 30s and 40s were alright, 70s and 80s are mostly alright but it startes to get kind of strange, 90s are pretty strange, 2000 to 2010 is just bad.

You guys are very closed minded about music. Sure a lot of modern music sucks but there's a lot that's very good and tasteful. It's just less popular. You need to look around for it. Popular music is not the same as all music today.

11 hours ago · Like

Popular music sucks ass. End of story. Older music is awesome

11 hours ago · Like

Dude. What about new music that isn't popular? You're saying there's modern pop and then older music and nothing else.

11 hours ago · Like

Ewww I hate pop music. There's some REALLY good bands today that I LOVE, and there my fav but they were inspired by older bands and stuff. Blues is what basically started music. If there was no blues then there wouldn't be all these genres today. Rock, blues, rock-blues, punk-blues, and heavy blues are all I'll go for, oh and like 1930s blues. This rap fucking shit, gay pop, and bubble gum fucking shit music today is not even considered music to me. It's not even music. Try listening to the dead weather, the kills, and the black keys, the kinda music I listen to. The dead weather being the heavy blues, punk blues type band, the kills being a garage rock, punk blues type band and the black keys being the blues rock type band. These guys are the only today music I'll listen to and there bringing back real music today

11 hours ago · Like

And the white stripes and raconteurs.

11 hours ago · Like

Yeah I'm glad you will keep an open mind about music from the present though. I agree, today's modern pop is completely commercial and not at all musically inspired. I myself find it really easy to dig music, so I like a lot of electronic stuff like The Postal Service, classic rock like cage the elephant, and a bunch of other music I still consider all

the pop music, but I think it's an embarrassment. I really like lo-fi bands like the white stripes as you said, and basically anybody who's actually musically skilled enough to put their own style into their music instead of following all the trends like faceless fakes do in the pop music scene (Justin beiber, miley cyrus, Dx) so I mean I listen to a lot of modern stuff that's by actual skilled musicians and there's a lot of it out there, it's just not gonna be nearly as easy to find as the overproduced trendy commercial pop.

11 hours ago · Like

Right bro, Jack white has inspired me as a musician and his music with the white stripes, the raconteurs and the dead weather and then I went in deeper with the genre and found out about the black keys. I mean all these bands are awesome and aren't that popular, I hate comercial bands and shit and bands that are mainstreem. Like I think being a popular band just kills you. Like I don't want my band to be a mainstreem band, I'd want ppl to stumble across my bands

music on the Internet or somewhere. I wouldn't want the mainstreem keeping up with us. My band wants to stay away from MTV and all that shit.

10 hours ago · Like

A band that doesn't like mainstreem and is an amazing band would be for example, iron and wine, them

crooked vultures and deffinitly the ones I listed off. Popular doesn't mean shit to me

10 hours ago · Like

Yeah I agree with you about the fame thing I want my band to be like famous enough basically for us to be well known, but not necessarily famous. Like, for it to have fans and be known, but just enough so we'd have an audience at concerts.

Yeah. Usually what'll happen is a great band with their own style will make it really big and then sell out and conform to everything else to keep their fame. crooked vultures are pretty damn good. Have you heard cage the elephant? They're inspired by older stuff and they have a nice classic rock sound.

10 hours ago · Like

Yes there awesome. Like I'd want enough fans for like a full audience to be at the shows. But if we ever get like an invitation to MTV, then uh nope, no way I'll do tht. Fuck the mainstreem. Now David letterman and Jimmy Fallon and those shows I'll perform on.

10 hours ago · Like

I agree for the most part. However, there is always the exception of radiohead and the red hot chili peppers. I think without the albums "in rainbows" and "blood sugar sex magik" my views and tastes of music would be very different and lacking of different styles.

2 hours ago · Like

Otherside by the Red Hot Chili Peppers is one of the best songs I've listened to in a while. I'm pretty sure that's off blood sugar sex magic?

2 hours ago · Like

I think it is. Radiohead and red hot chili peppers are an exception for me too and the others I've listed

about an hour ago · Like

ames Brown by Cage the Elephant. Go listen to it. Now.

I HATE THE MAINSTREAM MUSIC SCENE. the end. White stripes are NOT a mainstream band. I fucking HATE ppl that ALWAYS listens to seven nation army. There's a lot more white stripes songs then just seven nation army. Those are ppl that think they are white stripes fans and are posers of being a white stripes fan. I don't count those ppl as "fans" and if you subtract those "fans" that only listen to that song then they aren't really mainstream. They have a song that's popular. It's the soccer national anthem around the world. I've been a white stripes fan for 12 years and listen to all there songs 70 times each and can play all there music on my guitar/piano/mandolin. I'm basically saying that white stripes are not a mainstream band. Trust me, I know my music. Lol don't argue with me about music...

20 minutes ago · Like

Oh yeah, and pretty much all of mozarts pieces sound the same.

13 minutes ago · Like

Hahahahahaaha

12 minutes ago · Like

Oh yeah and in today's music, rock is barely mainstream at all.

12 minutes ago · Like

Well said bro... Well said...

:wtf:

i'm too old to have high schoolers on my facebook. actually, i do have a nephew on there. but he hardly uses it... for now.

Guest disparaissant

i can't get too mad, i said some insanely stupid shit when i was in high school. not that stupid, but still.

Guest placidburp

They will soon grow up, I was just as opinionated at their age. At least they dun al speek leik dis m8! or something...

Guest theSun
Yeah I agree with you about the fame thing I want my band to be like famous enough basically for us to be well known, but not necessarily famous. Like, for it to have fans and be known, but just enough so we'd have an audience at concerts.

lol

Guest hahathhat

facebook won't even let me log in. it's like OMG ISRAEI IP WEIRD, plz give birthday. i gave a fake birthday and i can't remember which day i entered. then it wanted to know my favorite pizza toppings. i don't even remember setting that. i tried my real favorites, no dice. then i tried any sort of smart-ass answer i might have given (cum, shit, your mom, etc) still no dice. might as well delete it at this point, what good is it?

Guest ojkewin

so I like a lot of electronic stuff like The Postal Service, classic rock like cage the elephant, and a bunch of other music

67>81>96>69>91>65>07>55>66>01>95>89>68>73>61>87>86>69>91>65>07>55>66>01>95>89>68>73>67>81>96>69>91>65>07>55>66>01>95>89>68>73>61>87>86>69>91>65>07>55>66>01>95>89>68>73>67>81>96>69>91>65>07>55>66>01>95>89>68>73>61>87>86>69>91>65>07>55>66>01>95>89>68>73>67>81>96>59>91>65>07>55>66>01>95>89>68>10>61>87>86>69>91>65>07>55>66>09>95>89>68>73>67>81>96>69>91>65>07>55>66>01>95>89>68>73>61>87>86>69>91>65>04>55>66>01>95>89>68>73>67>81>96>69>91>65>07>55>66>01>95>89>68>73>61>87>86>69>91>65>07>55>66>01>95>89>68>73>67>81>96>69>91>65>07>55>66>01>95>89>68>73>61>87>86>65>91>65>07>55>66>01>95>89>68>72

Guest Coalbucket PI

I don't see anything in that quote that is particularly different from whats posted on watmm, what's funny about it?

I kinda scanned through it not reading most of it and the I saw " Oh yeah, most of Mozart's music sounds the same."

I did not go back an read.

The White Stripes aren't mainstream? :wtf::facepalm::wtf:

Guest Enter a new display name

By reading the title, I thought this thread was about Aphex Twin.

Guest HerculesCzar

i just hate having this shit clutter up my feed.

i fucking hid that shit.

I make it a point not to hide this stuff on facebook. It keeps my cauldron of rage nice and hot.

Archived