IGNORED

Justice's bus driver set World's Record for lowest not ever sung

Rubin Farr

Guest Masonic Boom

You know what this thread needs? Some Ed Banger bumming...

2140394321_af3fa38f0d_o.jpg

woo! yeah

And some of ... that...

lolol-1.jpg

and I was gonna put some of the SebastiAn / Kavinsky stuff up here, but this is the only one I can find that's safe for work...

4r8ajs.jpg

AND OF COURSE THE HOTTEST MOST SLASHY BIG FRENCH ACTION GIF OF THEM ALL...

2n6mvn.gif

no matter HOW MANY TIMES I see that, I still ilkes it. I likes it loads.

(also, Electro is ALL ABOUT the unibrows. you think Xavier is bad, you should see Boys Noize.)

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The fucking head on im.

lol, you have never sounded irisher

Why try and hide it.

(also, Electro is ALL ABOUT the unibrows. you think Xavier is bad, you should see Boys Noize.)

SebastiAn's eye brows look fairly separated to me and he's the king.

I mean I like Justice (as much as they are over-rated) but the two lads look like biggest fucking retards in the world.

Busy P is shit.

Guest Masonic Boom

Justice may look like "retards" but they get more females FAP-ing over them than every artist on watmm put together, so clearly it works for them. Maybe if Autechre got some nice leather jackets and some dodgy 70s facial hair and snogged each other onstage, they might actually get something going on.

Busy P isn't shit, he is THE SHIT. You haven't lived until you've seen him DJ for a room full of confused 8 year olds while wearing a purple dinosaur outfit. Big respect.

SebastiAn's eyebrows are only well groomed because Kavinsky won't let him get bushy & unkempt.

Have you seen Alex Ridha's eyebrow? I mean really?!?!?

21531_304370822700_563572700_3478858_433570_n.jpg

I'm trying to remember who he did the monobrow tour with but it's gone...

Trying to get Shadow Dancer to give him vouchers for a free laser hair removal session, but Paul's a pussy, a big Welsh pussy. heh. I'm gonna be in trouble tomorrow when I sober up.

Guest Masonic Boom

p.s. also, using the term "gay" like it's a bad thing is just mega-plus stupid because I don't think I've ever met a gay dude who wasn't amazing and awesome. We could all stand to be a lot more gay.

p.s. also, using the term "gay" like it's a bad thing is just mega-plus stupid because I don't think I've ever met a gay dude who wasn't amazing and awesome. We could all stand to be a lot more gay.

Oh jesus, dont be one of those people who takes every word so literally. Of course theres nothing wrong with being gay (obviously, I cant believe I had to write this :facepalm: ). But Im not about to reverse 20 years of using "gay" as a derogatory term now am I.

Just thought I'd point out that sexual orientation has no effect on someone being a cunt and not being a cunt( but it does have an effect on whether they like cunts or not :emotawesomepm9: )

Guest Backson

SebastiAn's eye brows look fairly separated to me and he's the king.

I mean I like Justice (as much as they are over-rated) but the two lads look like biggest fucking retards in the world.

i love Justice, and I think things like that only become overated thanks to the audience. As soon as you see drunk Americans dressed like hobos with lense-less glasses yelling JUSTEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEZ then it sours things, but its sad when that can influence what you genuinely enjoy.

also, I'd say Sebastian is prince, and Jackson is king. And Mr Oizo can be Queen or Jester or something.

Where's Sebatian's album??!

Justice may look like "retards" but they get more females FAP-ing over them than every artist on watmm put together, so clearly it works for them. Maybe if Autechre got some nice leather jackets and some dodgy 70s facial hair and snogged each other onstage, they might actually get something going on.

Busy P isn't shit, he is THE SHIT. You haven't lived until you've seen him DJ for a room full of confused 8 year olds while wearing a purple dinosaur outfit. Big respect.

SebastiAn's eyebrows are only well groomed because Kavinsky won't let him get bushy & unkempt.

Have you seen Alex Ridha's eyebrow? I mean really?!?!?

21531_304370822700_563572700_3478858_433570_n.jpg

I'm trying to remember who he did the monobrow tour with but it's gone...

Trying to get Shadow Dancer to give him vouchers for a free laser hair removal session, but Paul's a pussy, a big Welsh pussy. heh. I'm gonna be in trouble tomorrow when I sober up.

the fact that you omit oizo from your swarthy unibrow electro masturbation session is a sad state of affairs.

Guest Backson

i could, but I choose not to.

is it wrong to hope that sebastian's album is really weird and technical and no one likes it but me?

Guest Masonic Boom

Oh jesus, dont be one of those people who takes every word so literally. Of course theres nothing wrong with being gay (obviously, I cant believe I had to write this :facepalm: ). But Im not about to reverse 20 years of using "gay" as a derogatory term now am I.

Just thought I'd point out that sexual orientation has no effect on someone being a cunt and not being a cunt( but it does have an effect on whether they like cunts or not :emotawesomepm9: )

1) (Linguistics nerd alert!) Words are important, they mean specific things - and yes, I'm aware that their meanings can change over the years, but when you choose to use a word, especially a loaded one, you bring not just the denotative meaning, but the connotative meaning and a whole host of baggage with it. You cannot pretend that that baggage doesn't exist, or that you are not deliberately triggering it by choosing it. If you're not homophobic, why on earth use homophobic language? If you don't *think* about the words that you use, then that makes you either stupid, conservative or hateful. (I recognise that this may be too much to ask on a forum where people casually drop the N-bomb in political conversation, and no one even *comments*, but I'm never going to stop trying.)

2) you may be so conformist that you're "Not about to reverse 20 years of using gay as a derogatory term" - but I'd prefer to be more precise in my terminology, and a little less insensitive. I *do* think about the connotations of the words I use - and "gay" has a very specific set for me. It makes for some interesting juxtapositions. Especially when those juxtapositions were not intended by the original user ("gay" connoting negative vs. Gay connoting fabulous, spectacular or camp)

3) it's curious that after saying this, you turn around and use the word "cunt" as an insult and slang for female genitals within the same sentence. I'm assuming that you're straight (purely because the gay people I know tend to use the word "gay" in a different way) - do you not like and enjoy cunts? I don't know about you, but I get a great deal of pleasure out of my vagina, and most of the straight men I know get pleasure out of their partners' vaginas. It's just curious and strange to me that someone would make an insult-word out of something that brings such pleasure. You don't find that at all weird?

Anyway, yeah, enough being a linguistics nerd - I get a real kick out of this stuff, but I realise a lot of people don't even think about it.

Oizo is indeed a fabulous nutter and a wonderful man but unfortunately I couldn't find any photos of him being fabulously homosocial in quite the same way that Xavier and SebastiAn and Pedro manage.

Guest Masonic Boom

Aaaaahhh! brain fart. It was A-Trak who did the unibrow tour with Boys Noize. how could I forget?

000988501220895241.jpg

Guest Backson

yeah, cunt is the worst.

the fact that the human language's most offensive word means vagina is an example of subtle sexism ingrained within our culture. It clearly disgusts, confuses and enrages men to think about the female reproductive system, so that becomes our most highly reguarded insult.

anyway... something about Justice...

That was 0.393 Hz? That's about 2.5 cycles per second. I'm hearing way more than that.

that's 0.393 cycles per second lol.

lol yeah I meant seconds per cycle.

Anyway, if they don't count the harmonics, then you could just as well make a noise every 100 seconds and say you can produce a 0.01 Hz note.

Guest Masonic Boom

yeah, cunt is the worst.

the fact that the human language's most offensive word means vagina is an example of subtle sexism ingrained within our culture. It clearly disgusts, confuses and enrages men to think about the female reproductive system, so that becomes our most highly reguarded insult.

anyway... something about Justice...

*Human* language? Um, no. That's a really culturally biased thing to say.

Because (sorry, linguistics geek comes out again) it varies SO MUCH from culture to culture, what the "Worst Thing" is. I collect swearwords in different languages. The first thing I ask when I meet a non-native English speaker is how to swear in their language, because swearwords really reveal a lot about what a culture both fears and privileges.

Cunt is a uniquely English, and specifically, UK-English curse. (It doesn't have anywhere near the impact in the US - their absolute no-go "worst word" is the N-bomb, because racial issues are a far more deeply engrained and problematic area within American society than misogyny.) There are definite trends - some culture's worst swears are religious-based (the Welsh language didn't have a Fuck-word until they borrowed it from the English; traditional Welsh swearwords are mostly religious.) - in others, especially Mediterranean cultures, insulting someone's mother is The Worst Thing. Some cultures don't even have a term for homosexuality (sexual terms are based on acts, rather than the people engaging in them) - in others (especially the ostensibly American, predominantly young cis hetereo male world of internet forum culture) "fag" is the worst thing you can call someone.

I find all this stuff fascinating in a weird roadkill kinda way.

And yeah, I was a bit drunk last night, but it is *funny* when someone says something like "Justice are gay"

Because one of the things that I found most intriguing and appealing about Justice is the way they code in way that is (quite deliberately, I'm sure) really quite gay. They are aware, as DJs, how so much of the musical tradition that they mine (electroclash, house, disco) *is* very, very gay. And gay in a way that has historically been really off-putting to mainstream American culture (remember the "disco sucks" movement? How overtly anti-gay, anti-black, anti-woman that whole thing was?)

So, to me, it's actually hilarious to see Justice take that aesthetic, dress it up in leather jackets and the same piss-taking cod-aggro that fueled Come To Daddy, and sell it to a huge mainstream American audience - not just to queer folk, eurocentrics and anglophiles, but... I mean, watching an airplane hangar full of the kind of straight, white, jingoistic jocks that beat me up in high school going MENTAL to "art fag music" as played by an effeminate mixed-race Frenchman wearing a t-shirt (or was it a hat? I can't remember) declaring him to be the French equivalent of "fag"?

That's a headfuck, and a delightful headfuck on so many levels, that I find it's worth commenting on.

Also, it is undeniably hott when they snog. Whoa.

That was 0.393 Hz? That's about 2.5 cycles per second. I'm hearing way more than that.

that's 0.393 cycles per second lol.

lol yeah I meant seconds per cycle.

Anyway, if they don't count the harmonics, then you could just as well make a noise every 100 seconds and say you can produce a 0.01 Hz note.

:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

Archived