IGNORED

Fighting Fantasy books in the 80s?

Guest Conor74

Guest Conor74

Anyone else remember them? Was addicted to them. And now I hate sci fi and fantasy. Had the first 10 or 15 of these books...

150px-Ff5puffin.jpg

150px-Ff3puffin.jpg

150px-Ff3puffin.jpg

LOL - I had shit loads of them. That one included, I'd just go by charity shops and pick them up for about 10p each. It was great seeing other peoples scrawls in there. Actually.. I preferred seeing what previous readers had written in the book to the actual book itself. I've always loved preowned books for that reason. One time I got a book and somebody had pressed a daisy in between the pages. A little dry papery daisy was just stuck in there, it was kinda nice.

Guest Conor74

oh yeah, these were a big deal for me

also the lone wolf series

Was it the Lone Wolf series that had drawings of half nekkid women?

150px-Ff3puffin.jpg

I've always loved preowned books for that reason. One time I got a book and somebody had pressed a daisy in between the pages. A little dry papery daisy was just stuck in there, it was kinda nice.

AND THE GAYDAR GOES PING!

150px-Ff3puffin.jpg

I've always loved preowned books for that reason. One time I got a book and somebody had pressed a daisy in between the pages. A little dry papery daisy was just stuck in there, it was kinda nice.

AND THE GAYDAR GOES PING!

Yeah, I've been a raving homo since I was 5. Good spot!

oh yeah, these were a big deal for me

also the lone wolf series

Was it the Lone Wolf series that had drawings of half nekkid women?

no, he was a karate monk kinda chap. joe dever and gary chalk wrote 'em.

I rememeber the warlock of firetop mountain by steve jackson. It came free with the ZX spectrum game of the same name. The game was abysmal.

If you remember this turn to page 79

If you don't remember this turn to page 273

Had loads of these back in the day, used to love the atmosphere they'd invoke (at the time). I got bored of the fighting really quickly though and just ended up awarding myself a bye every time.

I was reading the TARGET line of Doctor Who books back then (80's)

I think I started reading those in the late 70s, still a boxful of them in the loft at my Mum & Dad's house.

You've probably already seen this Joyrex, but some of these covers made me feel very sad and nostalgic (and old). The links have the original illustrations from those books that had them as well. :cry:

Archived