IGNORED

Jim O'Rourke

Capsaicin

I join in his praise. He's made/helped make some fine music over the years.

Don't know much about him but would like to learn more.

Don't bother... you wouldn't like him. He is a humungous pile of shit just like pavement.

also: gastr del sol - camofleur [drag city 1998]

Guest Apeofnaples

"I'm happy, I'm singing and a 1,2,3,4" and his work in fenn o'berg should really be heard by all fans of experimental electronic music.

Looking forward to hearing the additional tracks on the reissue of "I'm happy, I'm singing and a 1,2,3,4"

Don't know much about him but would like to learn more.

Don't bother... you wouldn't like him. He is a humungous pile of shit just like pavement.

Easy Tiger.

Guest abusivegeorge

Yeah I've made a couple of threads about Jim O'Rourke in the past, my mothers favourite song ever is women of the world. Love it.

if you're in the mood for something completely different, the albums that are named after nicholas roeg movies (eureka, insignificance, and bad timing) are all pretty great. check the youtube posted above from eureka. I think that's the album of those three I'd recommend first. if you want more computery stuff and haven't heard his collaborations with fennesz and pita, check out fenn o'berg - the return of fenn o'berg.

if you're in the mood for something completely different, the albums that are named after nicholas roeg movies (eureka, insignificance, and bad timing) are all pretty great. check the youtube posted above from eureka. I think that's the album of those three I'd recommend first. if you want more computery stuff and haven't heard his collaborations with fennesz and pita, check out fenn o'berg - the return of fenn o'berg.

ch-cheers!

ok so i went out and bought eureka and insignificance on vinyl after hearing some youtube clips, impressive as fuck! i love the artwork too.

edit: i think this may be the beginning of a talk talk scale obsession

Guest futuregirlfriend

Nobody mentionned his work with Gastr Del Sol ?

:whistling:

i've completely neglected checking out gds, or any of his projects besides fenn o'berg and loose fur. original silence look like they could be quite interesting.

Nobody mentionned his work with Gastr Del Sol ?

:whistling:

i've completely neglected checking out gds, or any of his projects besides fenn o'berg and loose fur. original silence look like they could be quite interesting.

upgrade & afterlife is a good introduction (for gastr del sol), it's varied and great. i like the balance between the "song" parts and the more unfettered drone/music concrete/minimal stuff on it. camofleur may be an 'easier' album, but it's also top-quality.

the original silence albums are (i believe) improvised, and are heavier, rockier forms of music.

Archived