IGNORED

The Social Network

Rubin Farr

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

what's with the last 2 fincher movies looking like they were extremely desaturated in color? his previous movies like The Game, Alien 3 and even Fight Club had what seemed to be a much more distinct visual look. The Game specially made excellent use of all different types of lighting.

He normally uses a different cinematographer for all his movies, but he brought back Jeff Cronenweth for The Social Network. He was the ASC for Fight Club.

Well, his two last movies are somehow "period" movies (Zodiac and Button), he took a lot of the fluorescent lighting out of them.

Basically, Fincher likes Yellow + Black / Green + Black and fluorescent lighting. The Game/Seven/Fight Club/Panic Room all look like that.

Zodiac is an hommage to All the President's Men.

Alien³ was all reds but that's for the gothic/industrial age aspect

in almost all the reviews i've read no one mentions the score, does that mean it's pretty inconsequential background cue kind of stuff? i heard someone call it an 'ambient soundtrack' . makes sense, i can't imagine Trent trying to pull off a score with guitars and drums. Or did he try that on Lost Highway? i dont remember

in almost all the reviews i've read no one mentions the score, does that mean it's pretty inconsequential background cue kind of stuff? i heard someone call it an 'ambient soundtrack' . makes sense, i can't imagine Trent trying to pull off a score with guitars and drums. Or did he try that on Lost Highway? i dont remember

lost highway ost is fantastic - used to use bit's of it in dj mixes quite often - my favorite david lynch film.

curious what reznor puts together for this - i'm quite looking forward to the film i must admit - i think it's going to be

strange and unusual - at first looks as though it could just be teen cheese, but i've the feeling it will be a bit more then that.

• 1 month later...

damn this was amazing. i haven't seen anything with as much hacker cred as this since wargames.

if you ever wanted to know what it feels like to get a crazy idea, turn it into a website, and watch it get 20k hits overnight, go see this.

the scene where mark is coding up facemash is the closest depiction of true hacker-style web development you will ever see.

i've lived that exact scenario three times now, but unfortunately none of mine turned into facebook (yet).

have seen it now. Its pretty nice.

what I kind of dislike about these kind of movies is that they suggest it would be just because of zuckerberg being so into it making him successful. In reality there where many other sites like his at the same time and before he just had the right strategy and the right concept.

now you see all these guys running on techcrunch up and down being applauded for saying "fuck employment I am a pirate now" and this is just not how it does work in reality. most people are unemployed instead

fincher and company brought out the filthy little facebook for all that it is. nauseous by end.

had listened a bit to soundtrac prior and was not so taken but when put in context it's brilliant.

Archived