IGNORED

David Lynch: Good Day Today

Guest Fishtank

Guest Fishtank

I can't find this song anywhere, where did it come from?

The only reference I can find is David's Twitter

I just heard @jason_bentley play my song Good Day Today on @KCRW . I hope you all have a good day today and a great weekend.

and Google only references his Twitter page as well

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Billov

You'd know better than me... Has Lynch got any albums worth listening to? I've only heard a couple one off tracks, and the stuff he did with Sparklehorse/danger mouse.

You'd know better than me... Has Lynch got any albums worth listening to? I've only heard a couple one off tracks, and the stuff he did with Sparklehorse/danger mouse.

Check out the INLAND EMPIRE soundtrack, has a few songs of him.

and there's this ambient album

and there's this ambienty album together with a polish dude

and there's this album, a li'l band he once made with another guy. A few of these songs can be heard on Mulholland Drive soundtrack, but I haven't listened to these songs in a long time, so I don't know if the album is reccomendable or not

There are a couple of great tracks on the Inland Empire soundtrack such as

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aD57Ymh5fYQ

this song is one of my favorites. very good tune.

Guest Greg Reason

The pilot is floating around online but David is adamant that no one should watch it because it's "absolute rubbish"

Guest Fishtank

ya Ghost of Love is epic

I thought he just did the photos for the CD booklet

Guest Calx Sherbet

Mulholland Drive love theme is sublime.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xfj5ZF-ECII

I sometimes wish that Mulholland Drv. would have been made into a tv series like it was originally planned.

i didn't even know this. if the series ended kind of the same way, that would be great. but however they would do it, i would've loved to watch it like that. it'd be intense

Oh yes. Fuck ABC. I know at one point, the stuff that was in the pilot but not the film was condensed into a few youtube vids and posted there so ya might check. I definitely remember ore scenes with the cop that was the PI in jackie brown, i can't think of his name atm. lazy internetting i know. sorry.

Guest Calx Sherbet

i love Julee Cruise. Up In Flames is one of the most unsettling things i've ever listened to

Julee Cruise - Floating into the Night, co-written by Lynch, is one of the most beautiful, haunting albums I've ever heard.

I'm sorry to say it but both songs she sings in Twin Peaks are absolutely awful.

Oh now, this one is ace.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QmJzy0WrSXY

The scene at the Roadhouse.... I imagine Donna mouthing the lyrics to james, both of them looking happy... I dunno, it touched me in that special place.

Guest Calx Sherbet

The scene at the Roadhouse.... I imagine Donna mouthing the lyrics to james, both of them looking happy... I dunno, it touched me in that special place.

:smile:

Guest viscosity

Mulholland Drive is the only lynch OST i have which is mostly Badalamenti

edit more of a mix, but still i think the primary force of lynch's film scores are through him

There are a couple of great tracks on the Inland Empire soundtrack such as

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aD57Ymh5fYQ

um fuck yeah (above)

Yeah Ghosts of Love is something else. I heard it on the trailer when I first knew the film was coming out and when it finally kicked in during the movie I had goose bumps throughout ....

Archived