IGNORED

buying an HD camcorder

Guest Helper ET

Guest Helper ET

hello to all

im in the market for an HD camcorder. im looking on ebay and seeing cameras average around $200, $500, $800, and then up. what am i looking for here? is the camera market like the computer market now in that its all become so incredibly cheap? i suppose like everything else, it depends on what you want, how much you want to spend, etc

im looking to spend around $200-$500 ish, i want high quality HD, i dont need tons of crazy features, i basically just need to be able to shoot high quality film. ill be using it for skywatching, mainly looking for ufos at night. so i imagine two factors now come into play... sharpness, resolution, and zooming, as well as the classic dark/light issues cameras have. i dont really know what im looking for in these areas

anyway, if you guys could drop in and give me some feedback, that would be spectacular. thanks

I'd invest in a DSLR with HD video option... something like the Canon 7D. Then you'll also have to purchase a lens.

ill be using it for skywatching, mainly looking for ufos at night.

are you trying to catch a ride home?

Archived